• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay Buyer Protection - Yeah Right!

35 posts in this topic

You can't list a grade on an ungraded coin in the title but it is allowed in the text. I would think it is an MS63-64 from what I see in the pictures.

You cannot list a numerical grade period unless the coin is PCGS, NGC, or until May 31, 2012, ANACS or ICG certified. A raw coin or any other service is treated as raw and must be sold using descriptive terms such as "BU," "uncirculated," "choice BU," etc.

Ebays policy:

"Raw and uncertified coins

A raw or uncertified coin is defined as any coin not graded by an authorized grading company. Sellers can list these items on eBay as long as:

A numeric grade (such as MS-65, VF-25) is not included in the title of the listing. A numeric grade can only be included in the item description.

No grading company is referenced in the title or description.

No estimate of value (even if personal opinion) or reference to a price guide is included in the title or description.

The listing includes a photo of the coin being sold. Images that are dark, out of focus, edited, or might be misleading aren't allowed. Also, stock photos aren't allowed.

Coins that are sealed in original United States Mint packaging include a photo showing the actual packaging."

You can't list a grade on an ungraded coin in the title but it is allowed in the text. I would think it is an MS63-64 from what I see in the pictures.

You cannot list a numerical grade period unless the coin is PCGS, NGC, or until May 31, 2012, ANACS or ICG certified. A raw coin or any other service is treated as raw and must be sold using descriptive terms such as "BU," "uncirculated," "choice BU," etc.

Ebays policy:

"Raw and uncertified coins

A raw or uncertified coin is defined as any coin not graded by an authorized grading company. Sellers can list these items on eBay as long as:

A numeric grade (such as MS-65, VF-25) is not included in the title of the listing. A numeric grade can only be included in the item description.

No grading company is referenced in the title or description.

No estimate of value (even if personal opinion) or reference to a price guide is included in the title or description.

The listing includes a photo of the coin being sold. Images that are dark, out of focus, edited, or might be misleading aren't allowed. Also, stock photos aren't allowed.

Coins that are sealed in original United States Mint packaging include a photo showing the actual packaging."

I will definitely research this out; eBay must have changed their policy.

"Let me clarify something about the sellers who state in their eBay listings, No Returns.

That means nothing.

eBay/PayPal's Buyer Protection always will supersede a sellers claim of No Returns."

Exactly!

There is no such thing on eBay as "No Returns". Again, the buyer made a mistake BUT, he can return the coin for a refund becuase it was a SNAD with other violations.

Even is it wasn't a SNAD, he could still get his money back - easily.

eBay ruled against the OP on this one.

"Let me clarify something about the sellers who state in their eBay listings, No Returns.

That means nothing.

eBay/PayPal's Buyer Protection always will supersede a sellers claim of No Returns."

Exactly!

There is no such thing on eBay as "No Returns". Again, the buyer made a mistake BUT, he can return the coin for a refund becuase it was a SNAD with other violations.

Because the OP took the wrong path to fighting it.

That means nothing.

Exactly!

Because the OP took the wrong path to fighting it.

+1