• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Be honest......

106 posts in this topic

I have only see where you create discontentment and skermishes between members.what is you positive attributes other than by your own admission being cast out of the other group for trolling.

wheat

I have strong opinions that are not often in line with others. I dont back down from them unless they change. Most people dont like that and I get called nice words like ignorant and drecky. Coin forums are very cliquey.

I realize that these forums have cliques, and I was jumped by a couple of members because I asked a simple question and made an innocent observation, BUT I have not made blanket statements which might be my opinion but are totally baselessin fact. I have no problem with your observations and opinions, and as I stated I am fairely new here and have not made any friends as of yet so all my opinions are just my own. I have however had to endure a running battle between you and another member which should have not allowed to continue the way it did. If you have a problem with someone fine , but take it private. And base your complaints on matters such as CAC on fact not just "I think". other than that I will carry on a civil difference of opinion with you all day, as long as it is fact based, and no personal attacks are made. JA has stated why they will not make a data base of the coins that will not sticker, If you will take the time to read what JA said, I think you will understand it is for your sake and mine it is not done.

Wheat

#1 facts are not always the only answer. There is nothing wrong with opinions. And most facts start off as opinions or are often influenced by opinions. The world was once flat. #2 The logistics of internet forums are that that no one has to endure anything they dont choose to.

I have only see where you create discontentment and skermishes between members.what is you positive attributes other than by your own admission being cast out of the other group for trolling.

wheat

I have strong opinions that are not often in line with others. I dont back down from them unless they change. Most people dont like that and I get called nice words like ignorant and drecky. Coin forums are very cliquey.

I realize that these forums have cliques, and I was jumped by a couple of members because I asked a simple question and made an innocent observation, BUT I have not made blanket statements which might be my opinion but are totally baselessin fact. I have no problem with your observations and opinions, and as I stated I am fairely new here and have not made any friends as of yet so all my opinions are just my own. I have however had to endure a running battle between you and another member which should have not allowed to continue the way it did. If you have a problem with someone fine , but take it private. And base your complaints on matters such as CAC on fact not just "I think". other than that I will carry on a civil difference of opinion with you all day, as long as it is fact based, and no personal attacks are made. JA has stated why they will not make a data base of the coins that will not sticker, If you will take the time to read what JA said, I think you will understand it is for your sake and mine it is not done.

Wheat

#1 facts are not always the only answer. There is nothing wrong with opinions. And most facts start off as opinions or are often influenced by opinions. The world was once flat. #2 The logistics of internet forums are that that no one has to endure anything they dont choose to.

Flawed logic ie. the world has never been flat, only in the minds of the ancientsand un educated people

W

Interesting read, to be fair I was in the camp that CAC was more a marketing ploy than anything else. Not because I dont value the expertise or knowledge that the people at that firm bring but because I dont get in the deep end of the pool very often. But for the first time I'll be using their services for a handfull of select coins, partly because I'm interested to see what thay will say and because I hope one of the coins will be more marketable should it be beened. That is the real value I see for this service, coins that I feel might be solid or high end if confirmed with a sticker convay that to the market.

If JA said it was right and would put a sticker on it most definately. But that goes back to my origional statement. "I think you respond just to stir the pot."

Therefore I must decide wheather or not it is worth while responding to your sometimes ridiculous comments or just to let them go. ( I choose not to endure as you so correctly stated)

wheat

Interesting read, to be fair I was in the camp that CAC was more a marketing ploy than anything else. Not because I dont value the expertise or knowledge that the people at that firm bring but because I dont get in the deep end of the pool very often. But for the first time I'll be using their services for a handfull of select coins, partly because I'm interested to see what thay will say and because I hope one of the coins will be more marketable should it be beened. That is the real value I see for this service, coins that I feel might be solid or high end if confirmed with a sticker convay that to the market.

As my preacher once told me "My son you have finally seen the light"

Wheat

CAC....First off I suppose I'm a fan. But who are these people that double check the graders, or grade the grade? Just wondering as don't they qualify as "world class graders". Just curious....Joe

CAC....First off I suppose I'm a fan. But who are these people that double check the graders, or grade the grade? Just wondering as don't they qualify as "world class graders". Just curious....Joe

If there is any such thing i think JA would be considered a world class grader by many in the coin world

W

If there is any such thing i think JA would be considered a world class grader by many in the coin world

W

So you are admittedly very new but already know that I am ridiculous and JA is a world class grader and CAC is the final word. Im sure youll call this stirring the pot but this is the exact attitude that makes me contest the sticker. Its a Kool Aid on adhesive medium.

Lets talk gold beans too. What is cac telling this seller he has here? a 66? a 66+? a 67? Or just a gold bean collectors jackpot?

$(KGrHqF,!okE9mN80O6yBPedjtQ,pw~~60_12.JPG

Lets talk gold beans too. What is cac telling this seller he has here? a 66? a 66+? a 67? Or just a gold bean collectors jackpot?

$(KGrHqF,!okE9mN80O6yBPedjtQ,pw~~60_12.JPG

CAC is telling the submitter that they grade the coin PR66 or higher. And for owners/sellers of coins who are not especially expert at grading, that can be of significant benefit when it comes time to sell.

W

So you are admittedly very new but already know that I am ridiculous and JA is a world class grader and CAC is the final word. Im sure youll call this stirring the pot but this is the exact attitude that makes me contest the sticker. Its a Kool Aid on adhesive medium.

It doesn't matter if the poster is "very new" or not. He is absolutely correct that JA is considered to be among the top graders in the world.

This will be my last reply to you in this thread. As now, while I might be mistaken, I believe that you are far more interested in stirring the pot than in having a discussion.

W

I've highlighted in bold something that may be key here and would like to delve into it just a bit. Even though we appear to agree that folks shouldn't give blind faith to some individual or some company with respect to issues in numismatics, our differing approaches make us look like we are on opposite sides of the fence, when we may very well have much more common ground than is obvious. I agree that folks should not embrace blind faith of an individual or a company with respect to numismatics, but that does not make me contest the entity. You "contest the sticker" because you don't like the philosophy that some may follow, when in reality you may be better off offering education to those who show this philosophy instead of attempting to perhaps undermine the sticker. That seems to be a major difference as to how we approach this subject.

It may be a surprise to you that I believe we have much in common, but I think that is the case. I also think that our reaction to what we may perceive to be a potential problem is different enough to make one believe that we have nothing in common.

W

New to the forum not to collecting. I started in 1958, i did not say you were rediculous, just some of your comments.

W

W

It doesn't matter if the poster is "very new" or not. He is absolutely correct that JA is considered to be among the top graders in the world.

This will be my last reply to you in this thread. As now, while I might be mistaken, I believe that you are far more interested in stirring the pot than in having a discussion.

I think you and I have come to the same conclusion. This is indeed like trying to teach a pig to whistle. All you are going to do is waste your time and you will make the pig mad.

Wheat