• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Too much time on my hands.......

75 posts in this topic

Im so screwed

I down loaded the image and blew it up just for fun. Take a good look at the disigner's initials...It so hard to see clearly because of the toning but are they there? It's tough to see...Joe

did it arrive yet?

it has wonderful colors - seller had another close 5 minutes before

with less colors but higher grade

Actually I am still waiting. I was the underbidder on the other coin and who ever won that one received it already. His feedback for the coin was encouraging. Here is what he wrote about his.

"GORGEOUS coin! Nicer than the pictures showed, should have bought the other too"

Hope it comes today because I am going to open the cabin on Friday and wont be back until Monday. Might have to have someone check my mail for me.

Im sending the coin back. I paid for a UNC coin. Ill have my wife upload my in hand pics tonight.

I saw this coming a mile away, image looks au at the very very best!!!!!

I am curious about the rub - could you describe where it was and how you determined the coin was AU and not a weakly struck uncirculated?

The reason I ask is I had a 1942 proof, and the planchet chatter was not struck out of the coin, making the middle eagle leg Liberty look like lots of rub.

link to spare a grade thread

I guess you have to love eBay now - buy a coin you think is worth $500 for $100, and when you get it decide that is probably only worth $100 or a little less - return it for refund for cost of shipping.

Sorry for the long wait guys I have been gone for a while fixing a surprise pipe in the cabin.

Here are my pictures. I know I know...... I cant take pictures for nothing

walkO.jpg

WalkR.jpg

Coin looked pretty close to this but a little nicer. As for e1cnr's question. I believe that this coin had the same qualities you speak of. It was weakly struck and there was quite a bit of chatter that wasn't struck out of the coin. The tell tale sign for me that this was AU is the disruption of luster on her left breast ( our right). I did not see any rub or disruption on the reverse at all, although there was plenty of that chatter on the leg of the eagle. When you combine the strike and the slight rub on her chest there is no doubt in my mind that a TPG would have called it AU.

I still don't think the toning is that attractive and it certainly shouldn't command any premium (in my opinion) at all. I think you made a wise choice by electing to return it.