• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this a good deal?

6 posts in this topic

So --- do you really want to pay twice bullion value for a tiny image of an unidentifiable ship? Maybe that's the Olympic or the Lusitania or Romney's family house boat?

Canada has started minting "boutique" coins in odd denominations and low mintages including bullion. I live on the border and my wife gets a small Canada Pension check which she picks up in BC each month. The currency exchange stores and tourist places are the venue of choice for these coins and sell them mostly to Canadians. The local US store in Bellingham does not bother to carry these because they consider them common issues based on availability. Plus, they will pay spot for them.

Hard to say about any upside potential. Every privately owned exchange place in Vancouver sells these issues for pretty high bullion prices. It is hard for me to think of them as rare when 50 stores within 35 miles of my house has many in stock daily?

You can get one from J&M Coin and jewellery for $59.95 (Canadian dollars) retail, so no it's not a good deal.