• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When did this forum turn into a fight club?

91 posts in this topic

EVP you are out of line. Being a New Yawker just acerbates this issue because you think that it gives you standing here and it does not!

You do not even know me and have absolutely no standing on judging my character or much else about me. I would suggest sticking to something that maybe you have some expertise or knowledge about and maybe reigning in your mouth just for laughs!

To this point, I have said nothing about you nor have I demeaned you. Why are you doing it to me except maybe to act out your superiority fantasies?

You qualify first for my PFYEF (Pennies for your eyelids fund), meaning that you have been rude again! I already told you that your firm is eliminated from my buy list of dealers, not that your supreme arrogance cares, I have bought several coins from your company but do not feel inclined to do so ever again. I have put your company's name on my list and there it shall remain, wiseguy!

Please excuse my typos, we provincials and our pedestrian, old age frailties must look stupid to Mr. Know-it-all!

What? I mean, really, what?

I'm an independent IT contractor with a side job as a couch potato. And, I'm actually a New Joisey-an, not New Yawker, but thanks for the exaggerated NY accent.

Regardless... Huh?

I'd like to end my post by saying "thanks for the laughs", OT3.

EVP

(In the time it took to read these posts, 19 armadillos were run over and squished in Texas.)

........and 43 in Florida!

(thumbs u

Texas Possum Stew

One possum, skinned, pieced

Couple of onions, potatoes, other veggies of yer

choice ..chop or slice'em ....what ever pops yer pistol

1 can of mushroom soup (Campbell is best)

2 cans of beef gravy (beef stock)

1 can of water

Tbsp each of pepper, garlic salt

Boil the possum meat in a large pot of water

with a half cup of salt for about half a day.

Pour the water out and add all the chopped/liquid stuff to it.

Bring to a boil, then simmer covered for about 4 to 8 hrs.

Serves 8 (or 1 for about a week, big Mommas not so long).

Gravy is good sopped up with week-old bread.

Oh yeah, you can eat other stuff with it too.

Drink beer, lots of beer, before and after the eating possum stew

Invite yer neighbors!

(Here's a little tip: 3 day old roadkill is more tender and

easier to skin)

Hey y'all we gots dem possums an 'dillos livin in ar yeard! Dont y'all do nothin' to hirt dem as theyz our petz, nat to menchun dem coons!

(PS language bad, but really we do have these folks in our yard every nite here in Tejas)

Have to declare victory (with the help of a few guys).. we hijacked this thread just like mine was.. ha ha ha..

VICTORY!!

Now get them possums skinned and lets cook!

If you really worked at it, you could become even more obnoxious and irrelevant than you already are. You are BLOCKED! Oh, and PFTE bud!

This forum has been and can be much better than what appears in this thread.

How about everyone giving it a try to get back to that?

Now a REAL argument --- which roadkill makes the best stew, Florida armadillo or Texas armadillo?

Now a REAL argument --- which roadkill makes the best stew, Florida armadillo or Texas armadillo?

As a rule, the Texas roadkill makes the better stew because they can take more time preparing it. You see, here in Florida, not only do they have to keep an eye out for traffic, but they also have to be wary of gators that are attracted by the scent.

Chris

WoW! Chris, I did not know that 'gaters were coin collectors, too! They must collect large scents at roadkill shows. Are any of them Florida members of Early American Sceants?

With that said, it's a caring community,

You and I will have to agree to disagree about that. There are many people in the Comics and General Discussion sections that would gleefully twist the knife if given the opportunity.

+1

I have yet to see a coin collecting forum rival some of the other forums I belong to. The NGC coin collecting forum is where I escape to when things in Comics General get a little too out of hand.

Fully agreed, RockMyAmadeus.

Respectfully,

'mint'

grip:

Ya got me on that! Last time I was on I-95 in Florida, there were a bunch of 'em drag racing semis - and it looked like the roaches won.

I have eaten cockroaches, or least they looked like them, roasted while working in China. Kinda like meaty potato chips! I suppose that you need a knife and fork in Texas and Florida from what I have seen in terms of size and weight?

If you really worked at it, you could become even more obnoxious and irrelevant than you already are. You are BLOCKED! Oh, and PFTE bud!

I just did one of those the other day! My first time! (thumbs u

Feels liberating, doesn't it? As my cent box builds up, I will donate the proceeds (plus) to my church for their senior, hot, Meals On Wheels Club. Some good will come of this yet.

Now for the real ,Mucho grande of them all..Who has the biggest

cockroach, Texas or Florida

Neither. Here in Charleston, we've got the palmetto bugs.... most giant flying insects you can imagine. I love seeing Yankees when they have their first encounter.

Biggest roach I know of was in Indonesia and measured over 6 inches in length ... sure is nice to be back in Texas when you can still kill them and not break an ankle (or worse) :whee:

Biggest roach I know of was in Indonesia and measured over 6 inches in length ... sure is nice to be back in Texas when you can still kill them and not break an ankle (or worse) :whee:

Oh yea.. and the red catapillars.. 9 inches long with a vicious bite.. yea..

As a rule, the Texas roadkill makes the better stew because they can take more time preparing it. You see, here in Florida, not only do they have to keep an eye out for traffic, but they also have to be wary of gators that are attracted by the scent.

Chris

While that is true...Florida roadkill is much more tasty than TX roadkill. The main reason is the litter on the FL highways and stateroads (especially here in Polk county) is much more abundant and nourushing. The roadkill down here has a full stomach before I season it up over charcol.

-Dave