• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Books on Barber halves?

15 posts in this topic

The Complete to Barber Halves by David Lawrence.

The Complete Guide to Certified Barber Coinage by John and David Feigenbaum.

The Authoritative Reference on Barber Half Dollars by Kevin Flynn.

The Complete Guide to Barber Halves by David Feigenbaum (aka; David Lawrence) is the best out there for this series. Even though it has been approximately twenty-years since it was first published, it is still terrific. Even better, DLRC has put their entire reference library online for free reading and the book can be found here.

David Feigenbaum is David Lawrence, one in the same! I would look at both books and choose rather than buying both.

The Complete to Barber Halves by David Lawrence is a must buy... The Complete Guide to Certified Barber Coinage by John and David Feigenbaum although written in 1999 still offers a wealth of information and is a good additional reference to accompany the main.

I do not own Kevin Flynn's and can not comment.

Thanks. Amazon has some used copies of "The Complete Guide to Barber Halves" available (no new ones though). Is it worth paying $92.12 for a used hardcopy? I don't care for paperback books. Or does someone know an alternate source for the book?

Thank You.

I haven't looked recently, but these books show up pretty regularly in the numismatic book auctions. The numismatic booksellers may also have copies in their inventory.

Finding the hardcover may be a bit more difficult; I've only seen the softcover edition and didn't know there was a hardcover available (of course, I haven't been looking, either).

Obviously, for quick reference, you can't beat the price of the Internet version!

Thanks. Amazon has some used copies of "The Complete Guide to Barber Halves" available (no new ones though). Is it worth paying $92.12 for a used hardcopy? I don't care for paperback books. Or does someone know an alternate source for the book?

Thank You.

This book is very scarce as a hardcover and just so your sure to get one your better off buying the one listed for $98.00 that actually has a description. Softcovers at times fetch up to the same price if none has crossed eBay in awhile.

Thank You.

This book is very scarce as a hardcover and just so your sure to get one your better off buying the one listed for $98.00 that actually has a description. Softcovers at times fetch up to the same price if none has crossed eBay in awhile.

Thanks for the help. I went ahead and bought the one (that was) listed for $98.

Interesting that two sellers have new copies of the paperback for sale on Amazon. One seller is asking $176 and the other is asking a whopping $495. The seller @ the $495 price has a name that some of you may recognize "juliancoin".

I think I got a bargain at $98 for the hardcover.

Thanks for referring me to the book.

Glad you located the hard bound edition

& I think you paid a fair price for it.

I'm just shocked at what Juliancoin is asking.

( for the soft bound edition ).