• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A CAC Submission: Got Results!

74 posts in this topic

Surprised JA didn't mention the scratch on the columbian. I have never been a fan of CAC anyways. I dont really need somebody to approve of my coins in order for me to like them. Thats just my opinion

I guess I'll ask again: Does CAC sticker Bust material if it has hairlines along with what most would consider beautiful toning? Just curious...

I was hoping that Ankur could chime in as he seems to have a lot of experience with those guys.

jom

Surprised JA didn't mention the scratch on the columbian. I have never been a fan of CAC anyways. I dont really need somebody to approve of my coins in order for me to like them. Thats just my opinion

If you feel that way about others approving of your coins, why do you bother to submit them for grading?

I guess I'll ask again: Does CAC sticker Bust material if it has hairlines along with what most would consider beautiful toning? Just curious...

I was hoping that Ankur could chime in as he seems to have a lot of experience with those guys.

jom

Sorry I missed your question. If the hairlines are from a cleaning, they most likely won't sticker it.

If the hairline is from the coin being dipped, it depends on how badly the surfaces were affected. I've had a few bust halves reject due to hairlines underneath toning.

jom

Sorry I missed your question. If the hairlines are from a cleaning, they most likely won't sticker it.

If the hairline is from the coin being dipped, it depends on how badly the surfaces were affected. I've had a few bust halves reject due to hairlines underneath toning.

I'm not aware of hairlines being caused by dipping.

If you feel that way about others approving of your coins, why do you bother to submit them for grading?

In hopes that the "air tight" capsule will deter further toning. Basically I am hoping that the slab keeps my coins stable. Or at least assist. Also if I die tonight my wife dont have to worry about a dealer telling her false grades.I just think the 3rd opinion is a little much. Im not knocking the guy. He is obviously a man among boys when it comes to business. If I am not mistaken he has started PCGS, NGC, and CAC.....

Edited to also add: I have two YN's one is 5 one is 3..... the capsule adds plenty of protection. The older one knows how to handle raw coins but has trouble looking at them when raw.

dimefreak- What happens when a dealer tells your wife it's barely a 65 and not worth that much? Would be nice if it had a CAC sticker on it.

Better question... what happens when he offers her greysheet and doesn't take in consideration the toning. As of right now my collection manager says my collection is worth $6597 dollars...... The cost section says I have paid just under $17000. In all reality that would never happend. She knows to send them to Shane! (thumbs u

jom

Thanks for that.

But I guess I'm confused....I thought that CAC was trying to distinguish between lower-end grades from upper-end in TPG slabs. If PCGS grades a hairlined CBH AU50 (which I see plenty of) why wouldn't CAC sticker it if it was in fact an AU50?

jom

Here are the large Truview images of the 43 Walking Liberty Half:

Lee, sorry, but these larger images solidify for me that the coin is blatant AT. Of course :) , that says little about whether or not it is market acceptable.

If the hairline is from the coin being dipped, it depends on how badly the surfaces were affected.

I'm not aware of hairlines being caused by dipping.

Intriguing to say the least hm

As dipping might cause receding hairlines since that's a commonly seen occurrence at any coin show ;)