• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My hunt for "The Great White Whale" has ended ...

45 posts in this topic

Bill your new coin is wonderful and your set is beyond belief!!

Thankyou so much for allowing us to view your set (worship)

I wonder if there is a correlation between NGC's market perception and the prices realized? It appears to me that a 2012 NGC62 garners less respect that a 2007 MS61 esp considering that the market has been tracking up since then too. This coincides with my overall impression that NGC has been tracking down and the American coin market is becoming a one horse show where Darkside is still an open TPG market.

My guess is the economy has more to do with it than anything. one or 2 less bidders can really change the price. A lot of areas in coins are soft right now. I know this is a killer coin and a great buy if you ask me, but that is a chunk of change also. Not everybody can afford this coin.

Congrats and well done!

Holy cow Bill that is one fantastic coin. And in MS-62!! I just looked at your gold type set and it is stunning. Great job on completing a wonderful set.