• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some newies for my 7070

20 posts in this topic

Hi good people of the forum .

I have been under the weather lately and had to turn my mind to other things than coins :( But while recovering I was able to trawl through some websites and find some nice new coins for the collection

First up is a 1837 No stars half dime

This is one of my favourite designs without the stars . It has a bit more of a gobrecht look to it without them .I was always after one in ms65 but I'll settle for this one in ms64 .

This was bougth from David Weygant

183720H10C20NGC20MS206420GOLDBERG20343552520TODD20OBV.jpg

183720H10C20NGC20MS206420GOLDBERG20343552520TODD20REV.jpg

I agree with your statement re:more Gobrecht look to the coin. Beautiful and one of my favorites also(only I buy a little lower grade). What a beautiful coin to add to any collection.

Congrats.

Jim

BTW: hope all health concerns are removed and you can enjoy buying your 7070 coins. hope to see some pics of your other coins---Jim

Nice to be back John .

Here's another.

187920SEAT2050C20NGC20MS2064203489599-00920OBV.jpg

187920SEAT2050C20NGC20MS2064203489599-00920REV.jpg

This is a 1879 seated half . This half is whats called the type two reverse

This was also bought from David Weygant and is ms64

Really like the prooflike look to it

Thanks fior the nice comments I had Jeremy Katz (airplanenut ) ats buy them for me and Mark Feld has picked them up for me at baltimore .

Ankur , Iam not going to crack them out . I have been buying them along the basis of the 7070 and have a registry set going but am more into the 19th century coins so may shift the set into one of these types .I have a dansco going with XF and AU so will keep that one ticking over

Thanks fior the nice comments I had Jeremy Katz (airplanenut ) ats buy them for me and Mark Feld has picked them up for me at baltimore .

Ankur , Iam not going to crack them out . I have been buying them along the basis of the 7070 and have a registry set going but am more into the 19th century coins so may shift the set into one of these types .I have a dansco going with XF and AU so will keep that one ticking over

Those are some amazing pieces my friend. Ya know, it's just a couple of coins like these would make me climb right out of my death bed....Glad your feeling better...Joe