• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

some coins for your opinions

16 posts in this topic

Hi all .. signed back up today so i can have coins graded so hear are a few which i am considering for submition to NGC .. all opinions greatly appreciated .. i am putting one coin per post so if you want to comment it is easily copied for discussion and you can grade them as well

Thanks

newcastle929-horz.jpg

What is your motivation for submitting? That might influence some opinions given. Personally, I wouldn't sumbit any of them. I think these are just fine as is.

I'd definitely give your 1887 dime an acetone bath to see if that green might be removed. In fact most of these might benefit from a soak in some acetone IMO.

The first two coins look cleaned/dipped and I don't think they will grade...the other look like they have a chance (thumbs u

I agree with the exception of the 1887 dime - there is something green growing on it.

I don't understand why you would submit these? Most of them are relatively low value coins that would be better in an album.

Before reading responses, my gut reactions, in order:

no grade (1858)

reverse cleaned (1875)

EF-40 (1853)

AU-50 (1892-S)

EF-40 (1887)

EF-40 (1853)

VF-30 (1837)

VF-20 (1853)

VF-30 (1861)

An acetone bath for every coin would be a wise preventative measure.

I love the Barber quarter ( xf@ $200) and the 37 half dime (vf@ $130) but Iike em both raw.:)