• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

time for a change posted by TPETERS

6 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Went copper rather than clad today!!!!

Hello,

I broke down tonite and rather than buying clad Roosevelt's I opted to go copper!!

I ran across a deal on a couple of Lincoln cents that I could not pass up.

The 1st Lincoln was a 1936D MS67RD. The picture is absolutely stunning. I can't wait to see it in my hands. On the flip side it has a value of 725 points in the registry.

The 2nd Lincoln was not a pretty coin, but it is a key one for the series. It is a 1916S MS65BN. I prefer RD, but for the price I paid for this, BN is just fine. It has a point value of 2614 in the registry.

I have several more Lincolns on the way that I traded on some proof coins.

My buying days are over! For a while anyway!

Just had chemo this past week so I deserve something that perks me up a little. Lung surgery is 2nd week of next month. At least that's what they tell me now.

Need to be in decent shape the 1st week of June so I can go see the oldest son graduate from high school. Come hell or high-water I WILL make it there!!!

Take Care and Stay Healthy,

Todd

See more journals by TPETERS

Hey Todd I wish you the best. I too am getting chemo. My cancer came back and now it is in 80% of my bones but like you I believe in the fight. I was going to give up on my coin collection until I finished up on the chemo but I could not stay away. I picked up a 1993 P Lincoln Cent NGC MS68 RD the other day. But I guess I have to stop because the bills are coming in now.

Best of luck Todd

ED

best_category2011.gif

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

Todd, it sounds like you have some wonderful coins coming your way and I hope they make you happy when they arrive.

As for your troubles, never forget that not only do you have your family and close friends sending you encouragement and good thoughts but you also have people from all over the world, your friends and family through coins, doing the same.

Cheers, John.

Hey Todd, I am very glad that the doctors accepted you this time for the chemo. Glad to see you adding more to the penny set.

AND A MESSAGE TO EVERYONE ELSE;

I have 6 more of Todd's proof sets left These are all 70UC. If you would like one and can't afford it at 50% off he is willing to trade on Lincoln cents of FT Roosevelt dimes for his two sets. His proof sets are listed on my page.

Just thought I would let you all know.

Thanks------Rick

Went copper rather than clad today!!!!

Hello,

I broke down tonite and rather than buying clad Roosevelt's I opted to go copper!!

I ran across a deal on a couple of Lincoln cents that I could not pass up.

The 1st Lincoln was a 1936D MS67RD. The picture is absolutely stunning. I can't wait to see it in my hands. On the flip side it has a value of 725 points in the registry.

The 2nd Lincoln was not a pretty coin, but it is a key one for the series. It is a 1916S MS65BN. I prefer RD, but for the price I paid for this, BN is just fine. It has a point value of 2614 in the registry.

I have several more Lincolns on the way that I traded on some proof coins.

My buying days are over! For a while anyway!

Just had chemo this past week so I deserve something that perks me up a little. Lung surgery is 2nd week of next month. At least that's what they tell me now.

Need to be in decent shape the 1st week of June so I can go see the oldest son graduate from high school. Come hell or high-water I WILL make it there!!!

Take Care and Stay Healthy,

Todd

See more journals by TPETERS

Hang in there, keep a positive attitude and just fight it. I have had cancer twice. Three sugeries and 9 1/2 months of chemo. I know it can be beat.I't will be hard and some times discourageing, but you can do it.wheat