• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Great finds from a job lot of coins

10 posts in this topic

Hi all .. not going to repeat my post that i have just put up on usa coins .. have a look if you like..

so to the finds which have got me buzzing again .. not mega bucks but one i have wanted for a long time but have been unable to find one in my price range;;

1st coin is a funny one it is a 1806 GB farthing BUT! is about 6mm thick and 21g instead of 4.7g

bottlesmarch302-horz.jpg

bottlesmarch304.jpg

It looks to me like it has been messed about with and maybe is a Weight or something .. but fun find

2nd coin is something i was not expecting to find a 1806 halfpenny proof !!! I had to look at it over and over again just to make sure .. think this maybe one of the first coins i send in for conservation and grading after rejoining NGC

bottlesmarch301-horz.jpg

bottlesmarch300.jpg

and the coin i have wanted to own since collecting this period

A proper error with full date showing twice :banana:

bottlesmarch306-horz.jpg

and at 9.6g its a real one as well .. NGC should grade this ??????

and last of them for now .. (will take some more pictures of the other stuff soon)

not a coin but a snuff box

bottlesmarch309-horz.jpg

bottlesmarch311.jpg

Thanks for looking .. and if you have a chance pop to doolybottleking on youtube as i have put a new detecting video up .. all the best

That is some awesome stuff you found Dooly!!

I can't decide which one I like the most but I am leaning towards the 1806 Halfpenny proof.

That Farthing is quite odd, is it possibly two farthings stacked together with a collar around them to make a half pence? I can see a collar around it/them for sure.

That proof is awesome!

That Farthing is quite odd, is it possibly two farthings stacked together with a collar around them to make a half pence? I can see a collar around it/them for sure.

That proof is awesome!

Cheers lads ..

2 farthings would only be 8.4g and it is 21g ?? so if my maths is right that would be 4.6 farthings in it ???

hi .. the normal farthing should be about 1mm thick

still going through the lot and found this . Can you see whats interesting about it ?

bottlesmarch313-horz.jpg