• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you guys make of this auction?

32 posts in this topic

There is a man that has been doing toned dollars for over 30 years. Many toning collectors respect his opinion. After all he has seen more toned dollars than we can dream of. Heres what he had to say to me.

"Yes, spend too much on a few monsters. It takes a slightly warped mind to spend over two grand on a 65 that’s bid at $100, but what the heck…you only live once! Make them all look like that one."

Thats all I needed to hear....... :cloud9:

Are you da guy who purchased it??

Yes, actually I was lucky enough to obtain it. My wife has named it "Polka Dot Paradise". The money I used to purchase it came from a pot I had set aside for a particular Rainbow Toned St Gaudens....... I have caught the Morgan Toned Fever something fierce....... Keep your eyes peeled ;)

I suspected this from the beginning. Nice coin! You do have good taste in coins (from this and the last few posts of yours that I can remember).

Just thought I'd bump this one up to let you all know that in hand the fields are mirrored and there is an intense cartwheel which gives this coin the "Bowl Luster". Bowl Luster is the most desired type of luster. This coin has a busy next couple of weeks and if things dont go as planned it well end up in Shanes hands for some awesome pics. I truly hope things dont go as planned, but, I had already promised a couple people could have a crack at the coin before I got it in hand. I know that if I sell this coin I will never find another............ So keep an eye out for Shanes pics ;)