• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thoughts on new Peace pickup?

46 posts in this topic

Okay so I have to take back my earlier post...

Here's a toned PCGS AU58 that just sold for 8-9x sheet...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=190651688920&nma=true&rt=nc&si=g774hhgpk1QiJsTlmK91DDGjl1c%253D&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I think the AU58 is a little liberal.. more like a 50-53...

Pretty coin but I cannot believe AU toned Peace $ are going for these prices.. Wow.

I hope the buyer got a coin that is close to that photo...because the photos look a bit "juiced". Especially the obverse one where you can see the label. I dunno...I could be wrong though.

jom

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=190651688920&nma=true&rt=nc&si=g774hhgpk1QiJsTlmK91DDGjl1c%253D&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I think the AU58 is a little liberal.. more like a 50-53...

Pretty coin but I cannot believe AU toned Peace $ are going for these prices.. Wow.

I hope the buyer got a coin that is close to that photo...because the photos look a bit "juiced". Especially the obverse one where you can see the label. I dunno...I could be wrong though.

jom

I sold a toned coined to this seller a short while back and the pics he listed are definately more vibrant than in hand.

He has another coin listed I like very much but will not buy due to this.

He has also listed several AT peace dollars recently. Maybe a coincidence.

sold a toned coined to this seller a short while back and the pics he listed are definately more vibrant than in hand.

He has another coin listed I like very much but will not buy due to this.

He has also listed several AT peace dollars recently. Maybe a coincidence.

There's another guy on eBay who doesn't necessarily "juice" the photos but in some way I haven't figured out makes the coins look great and lusterous. However, in hand they are dull and lifeless. So you get all kinds of different things with sellers on eBay and their photography "skills".

jom

Isn't 4X sheet on a common 64 Peace about $200? If that's what was paid for this one in a fatty, it seems like a fair price. The toning okay to me and certainly worth the (relatively) small premium.

A dealer I know has a PCGS MS60 (yes, 60) toner for $2000. It's a moose.

I saw that coin. Its nice but I wouldnt call it a moose. And its not worth his asking price. I have yet to see a common date toned Peace $ that would be worth $2000.00.

Art use to post a pic of one of his toned Peace $ (I think its a 22-D)... Thats one of the prettiest I have seen but I have never seen that coin in hand. If his pic is 100% accurate then I would call his coin a moose.

I havent seen many I would give such a lofty name to...

PeaceDollar1922NGCMS64Label1.jpg

A dealer I know has a PCGS MS60 (yes, 60) toner for $2000. It's a moose.

Could you PM me a link or image? I promise that I won't compete against you for the coin (and I have no intentions of buying it at all at that price). I'm curious to see what the various TPGs view as market acceptable for toned Peace Dollars.

I have no link, but was sent a picture at one point by the dealer. Ill see if I can dig it up.

Isn't 4X sheet on a common 64 Peace about $200? If that's what was paid for this one in a fatty, it seems like a fair price. The toning okay to me and certainly worth the (relatively) small premium.

Yup, I thought $200 was a very fair price for the coin. Hopefully it's as nice in hand, or better.

Are you trying to say that you believe that this coin is a moose ?

By Peace Dollar standards, ABSOLUTELY

Then we will agree to disagree. The coin didnt even star....

I appreciate everyone's opinion, and I do acknowledge that this particular coin has a polarizing look to it. Obviously, I liked it enough to pay roughly 4x sheet for it.

Here is a another look at it, full slab shot:

slab.jpg

I like it, it has some personality - and it appears natural to me too IMHO.

jom

I must agree with being juiced... I have wanted to buy many coins from this seller in the past, just did not want to stir the pot by asking the seller for a "regular" photo before plunking down. Take a look at the color spectrum of his listings and they are almost all a bit off the normal color chart, it will validate your initial thoughts.

Are you trying to say that you believe that this coin is a moose ?

By Peace Dollar standards, ABSOLUTELY

Then we will agree to disagree. The coin didnt even star....

It is your right to disagree, but I hope that the absence of a star designation is not your sole reason for doing so. There is a specific reason that the coin didn't star and that reason does not mean that the coin doesn't have exceptional eye appeal, because it does.

It is your right to disagree, but I hope that the absence of a star designation is not your sole reason for doing so. There is a specific reason that the coin didn't star and that reason does not mean that the coin doesn't have exceptional eye appeal, because it does.

As I said earlier in the thread, if you like your coin and think it has exceptional eye appeal thats all that really counts.