• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Congo Goodies! posted by Congo Kid

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

New Finds And Great Grades

Two new additions to my Belgian Congo collection. To note, one is an error coin. From my experience errors are difficult to find. I have a few in my collection. 1967 10 Sengis Error Obverse Partial Brockage in NGC MS65. If you look closely at the pictures you can easily see the obverse brockage reeding, but a little tougher to see it the high pushed up metal on the opposite corresponding side. A small but mighty little error.

The second coin is an over-date I was not aware of until I purchased it recently. It is a 1930/20 1 Franc (KM20 - French), NGC MS 64. I have seen this over-date mentioned in a Belgian publication. A great find and nice grade.

I have also upgraded some coins in the collection, some of the new pieces as high as MS66 for the early Belgian Congo series, which is in itself a remarkable grade. I will be adding more coins to the list that I recently got back from grading at NGC. Again, great grades as high as MS66 as well.

10804.jpg

See more journals by Congo Kid

Iskrona: The other coin is listed and pictured in Part 2 of my Belgian Congo collections.

SPHansen: I have collected coins for a long time and started collecting Belgian Congo after viewing a low grade but interesting piece that I owned (1943 2 Francs Hexagon coin). I started reading about the history and looking at the coins in the KM catalog. I thought that it looked mostly easy and inexpensive to complete. I was wrong. The coins are tough to find, especially in nice uncirculated conditions. And prices were out of date in the catalog. In the past 12-14 years I have discovered many unlisted coins, that are now listed, as I am now a contributor for the catalog. It really is a collection I am proud of and love. I will continue to try completing the collection as best I can with limited resources (money that is). I will say that my collection is probably one of the best of it's kind in the world.

I still have many raw coins that I need to have graded to be able to post more pictures here.

Thanks for looking guys!