• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More FS Jeffersons!

29 posts in this topic

And lastly, a 1945-S. See attachment! from the pics, the coins look very nice, some better then others. I like the strikes and toning on some of them. It's a, "lets wait and see" as I'm looking forward to their arrival. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Leo

497050-M45Sms665steps.jpg.05422538b4b3ff97f7f932b333e4b836.jpg

1942-S/S Is this the variety with the upside down S? A coin/date of sort was discussed not too long ago.

Leo

All very nice Jeffs Leo!. I am not aware of an inverted Mint mark for 1942-S however check out this page for more info on inverted Mint marks...

Leo, very nice slabs---and the Jeffs in them are sorta ok too. blush.gif

Really, you got some goodies there! Should cross to NGC easily! grin.gif

David

Really, you got some goodies there! Should cross to NGC easily! grin.gif

David

David

The only thing these goodies are going to cross into, if they pan out, is my FS Jefferson collection!

Leo

David

27_laughing.gif It took me awhile but the pics are from the auctions! Hopefully, I'll post pics if any have killer toning, etc.

Hoot

Thank you! acclaim.gif

Leo

Leo, as I am in need of both a 45P and 45S in FS, if these are replacements for your #1 set, I'd love to possibly take the others off your hands! Just a thought!

And blush.gif what you said about not crossing to NGC! blush.gifblush.gif

David

Leo, as I am in need of both a 45P and 45S in FS, if these are replacements for your #1 set, I'd love to possibly take the others off your hands! Just a thought!

And blush.gif what you said about not crossing to NGC! blush.gifblush.gif

David

David

I'm returning the 44-S and 45-S, if interested PM me! All the coins were outstanding......pics to follow soon.

Leo

Just to let everyone know, this thread is not dead. grin.gif I really would like to post some new pics (now that I have the coins in hand) but I can't for now!

Recently, my son revamped my cumputer and I need to reload the Microsoft Photo Editor. Yes, I know that's old but so am I! 27_laughing.gif The MPE came with that Microsoft Home Essentials 98 software and for the life of me, I can't find it! frown.gif

Til then,

Leo

sounds like you are having some fun with the hobby.... but from the looks of it... some of your coins would not grade as high as you stated... All I can tell you to try and view as many graded coins as possible to help you with your own grading...

Finally, here's the ANACS 66 5 step 1942-D. This pic is as close as I can get to what the coin looks like. Yes there are some spotting going on the reverse. The peripheral has rich deep gold while the center is highlighted with some light silver blue toning. Although it's not a 6 stepper and fully strucked, it's a very nice MS65 5FS IMO.

Image Hosting by Vendio

Click to view supersized image

Smart Services for Smart Sellers

Reliable image hosting provided by Vendio. Unlimited images for $12.95.

Leo

1942-S/S Is this the variety with the upside down S? A coin/date of sort was discussed not too long ago.Leo
Here's the 1942-S/S. Although graded MS67 by ANACS, there's just too much stuff going on Jefferson's profile. IMO it grades a very nice MS65 5FS. The luster and accented pastel colors are difficult to see in the pic. I'll try another pic in another light.

Image Hosting by Vendio

Leo

1944-D See attachment!
The 1944-D ANACS MS67 5 steps grades MS67 in every respect to strike, condition, luster and toning! The pic doesn't do this coin justice at all.

Image Hosting by Vendio

Maybe I should take some pics of my raw Jeffs. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I don't think I have any special FS ones but some have nice toning.

jom

Maybe I should take some pics of my raw Jeffs. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I don't think I have any special FS ones but some have nice toning.

jom

Who cares about steps! laugh.gif Did I say that? shocked.gif Great coins come with all sorts of variations in their features! Post pics! smile.gif

Hoot

jom

In another thread of mine, I mentioned that I bought 3-4 non FS nickels! I bought them for their strikes and grade but of course, they're not toned crazy but then again, they only cost me around a quarter or so each. By all means, post AWAY!

Leo

I need to take the pics first. I bought this set in a Cap plastic holder at the Denver ANA in 1996. The ONLY reason I bought it was because some of the coins had some neat toning. Fairly cheap set as I recall too. smile.gif

I just do what I did with a few of my raw Roosey's. I'll lay them on a black cloth and fire away. ...the picture that is. laugh.gif

jom