• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANA Technical Advisory Board...opinions sought

11 posts in this topic

I am pleased to announce that I am on the new ANA Technical Advisory Board. As such, any thoughts/opinions on how to improve the ANA and the coin collecting community are appreciated. We will be having our first brainstorming session on Monday Feb 27th.

Thank You.

That's awesome Jim!

I'm sure it would cost too much in licensing, but I would love to see the ANA numismatic library digitized. Maybe every member would have access to an ebook lending library? So many great resources are out of print and really expensive. A digitized library, accessible to every member, would be a fantastic draw for the ANA.

That's awesome Jim!

I'm sure it would cost too much in licensing, but I would love to see the ANA numismatic library digitized. Maybe every member would have access to an ebook lending library? So many great resources are out of print and really expensive. A digitized library, accessible to every member, would be a fantastic draw for the ANA.

Thank you. This is one of the items on the agenda.

That's awesome Jim!

Thank you. This is one of the items on the agenda.

That would make me re-join the ANA. I let my membership drop because I saw no advantage in it for me.

Way To Go!

(thumbs u

For me to properly respond I would like to know the mission of this Board?

Thank You

I will update this forum as progress is made. We are just getting started.

Feel free to PM me with your thoughts.

Thank you.

Congrats on getting the position on that board. I rejoined the ANA last month. I wouldnt have had to but the ANA make a policy change for the Young Numismatist membership. When I first joined in july 2011 I was 21, and I joined as a YN. A few months later I lost my membership because the ANA changed the age from 22 to 17. My only problem was that I paid for a 2 year membership, only got 4 or 5 months out of it, and never got a refund or a credit.

But I am glad to be back as a member. I agree with the digital library comment. Making educational resouces more available would be great.

-Dave

Congrats on getting the position on that board. I rejoined the ANA last month. I wouldnt have had to but the ANA make a policy change for the Young Numismatist membership. When I first joined in july 2011 I was 21, and I joined as a YN. A few months later I lost my membership because the ANA changed the age from 22 to 17. My only problem was that I paid for a 2 year membership, only got 4 or 5 months out of it, and never got a refund or a credit.

But I am glad to be back as a member. I agree with the digital library comment. Making educational resouces more available would be great.

-Dave

Send me a PM of the details of your refund request and I will certainly see what I can do.

I agree with Alan, digitize the library and make it available to members and I would most certainly rejoin. Congrats on your position on the board. Hopefully, it will begin to benefit the members again. Let us know what the priorities have become after your first meeting. Best of luck.

Jim