• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who has a Bentley to sell for this outragous coin?

18 posts in this topic

People like this seller annoy me, and it is a waste of space and everyone's time. I resent looking through when searching for coins. With regards to the coin's value, a similar NGC MS67 specimen sold for a bit over $800 within the last year or so on eBay if my memory serves me correctly.

WOWZERS

My uncle has the same type of error coin, slabbed and graded by ANACS...Only worth $2,000 tops.

This seller must think he has the Mona Lisa of coin errors. :screwy:

I'll tell you what's really insane about this. That guy, has had THE... EXACT... SAME... COIN... for sale for AT LEAST ten years now. In fact, not long after I got on eBay, he was the subject of (I believe) the very first "eBay idiocy" that I ever encountered in conversation.

So, I have to assume that after all these years of the same silly spiel on the same silly coin, it is just simply his personal long-running joke that somehow is a lot less funny (again after ten years) than he thinks it is.

James- I have seen this same coin for the past 2 years and either he is dead set convinced he can fetch that much $$ or he set the listing to run until sold and he forgot about it. I don't know. What is also sad is the offers people have made on the coin. All are declined (figures) and I just WISH I could see what the offers were! James you should make an offer on that coin every time he lists it. Send him a $10.11 offer. Why the odd amount? $10 is fair, but you can't forget the face value of the coin! :insane:

What would make this extremely funny is if the seller, after 10 years of being on ebay or so, still had 0 feedback. Does he have a return policy for the coin?? I will check but if he does, I should buy the coin, and then return it and ask for a refund and claim it was not as described. lol

This guy is on the forums at CoinTalk....and he incessantly posts about this coin. He's the only person on that site that I have on "ignore".

the listing got pulled. no problems here

I had that listing on my watched list so I could show my friend when I went to his coin shop today. I couldn't find it on the Ebay Android app. He must have removed the listing early this morning.

-Dave

Did you read the listing detail of how he aquired the coin before he pulled it? It read like and urban legend.... something about saving a child from being hit by a car and a man servant showing up and offering cash or the coin in payment for saving the child....Apparently the child's parents were loaded and the parents told him he now owned "the most valuable coin in the world"....

I guess such things happen... there must be a grain of truth in some urban legend somewhere, but it was a pretty fantastic story...It seemed like it should have started with "Once upon a time..."

I don't want to promote this guy, but since the eBay posting was taken down, you can see this "unique" $10 million coin here on youtube. I say $10 million coin, because that's what this guy had it listed for on eBay.

lol:screwy:

Thanks for posting the YouTube link. I don't believe the story at all, and it really doesn't matter how he acquired the coin anyway. Buy the coin, not the story. I would think if this was put up at auction it would get a couple thousand bucks at best (but who knows). For some reason I thought there were a few of these around, but perhaps this same one was promoted on various forums.