• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Premium for Color

38 posts in this topic

However, this beauty cost me a full 8x price guide value of $20

1964KennedyNGC64strObv_01.jpg

1964KennedyNGC64strRev_01.jpg

My little brat ( :grin:) and I have some that are toned like that, too. That's darn nice tarnish and the color will always hold its premium because one simply can't duplicate them like that. I think at this point we ought to also recognize you didn't go 8x over on this one for any technical or condition merits, alone, although, I will acknowledge, it has darn nice luster, too. If I get a chance, I'll dig up one of ours with almost identical tarnish, and post it, here, just so you can see what I mean. I know we have some old photos of some of those some darn place.

I had this one on eBay for $100 with no takers

someone offered $70 and said it would be worth at least $150 if it was a silver 64, as the silvers are worth much more than the clad

DSC03049.jpg

I had this one on eBay for $100 with no takers

someone offered $70 and said it would be worth at least $150 if it was a silver 64, as the silvers are worth much more than the clad

DSC03049.jpg

Ummm.... that one is silver. Its just a 40%, not the 90% they used in '64.