• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need help on this gold.. is it error? grade? price?

6 posts in this topic

I know the pictures is pretty bad:-)

this is a coin that i saw on a local market.

is it an error that will raise price?

can you pro´s help me with a grade and a fair/good price on it?

thanks

Billede2.png

Billede1.png

The coin only grades Fine-VF, which is a low grade for a U.S. gold piece. The die breaks on the reverse and neat, but they add nothing to the value. As for what it's worth, that would be melt, given the high price of gold bullion which exceedes the numismatic value of a worn gold piece like this. Since a $20 gold piece contains a little less than an ounce of gold, this piece would be worth about the spot price on an ounce of gold bullion.

The coin only grades Fine-VF, which is a low grade for a U.S. gold piece. The die breaks on the reverse and neat, but they add nothing to the value. As for what it's worth, that would be melt, given the high price of gold bullion which exceedes the numismatic value of a worn gold piece like this. Since a $20 gold piece contains a little less than an ounce of gold, this piece would be worth about the spot price on an ounce of gold bullion.

Pretty much spot on. No pun intended. Sometimes you can get a bit more than spot if you shop it around. Good luck!