• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is the submission process here similar to PCGS's?

4 posts in this topic

What I am referring to is the packaging, documentation, etc. I haven't yet applied for a CS number as an ANA member (or any other way) so I don't have a membership packet yet. I'm looking to make an informed decision, so your help is appreciated. I'm considering now breaking apart my 1955 mint set and having them slabbed to protect them and halt the toning. I'll attach a pic of one of the coins.

Thanks,

Neil

85468-1955frankrev.jpg.6ee3672a2909b2ec3fa4ec081344797d.jpg

Nice toned Franklin Neil! I have not submitted directly to NGC before, but I believe the process is similar (so far, PCGS, ICG and ANACS are all pretty much the same, and those are the ones I have dealt with). I have also heard that you can submit somehow through Amazon.com, but I haven't had a chance to look into it.

nwcs-

If you wish to slab your coins great idea - but you say you want to halt the toning. Slabbing a coin won't necessarily do that. I have had several coins in both PCGS & NGC slabs that were blast white - but over a period of time - they began to tone. I have also had slabbed toned coins continue right on toning.

This is not to say that this will happen in every case - just that it can and does.

Thanks for the info guys. I guess that my comment about halting toning was really more to slow it down. By removing it from the cardboard and paper holder it should slow down the reactions. I keep my best stuff in intercept slab holders anyway, so I would probably put the best pieces I would slab into those. Now I have to decide if I want to pay the money to be a CS member and get the express certs for a few of these or just do the ANA membership deal and do them all at $11/each.

Neil