• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just got this 1925 Standing Liberty Quarter - guess the grade?

7 posts in this topic

James, the strike looks good, but even with the jumbo image, I can't tell whether it is FH. I'll take your word for it. There appears to be some rub on Miss Liberty's right leg, which is common and doesn't hurt the coin's grade.

However, the grading services punish Unc. SLQs that don't have booming luster. I'm guessing this coin is in an MS 64 holder.

Not only can I not tell whether the coin is FH I can't see the rub on the right leg that ElCon sees. The sides of the leg are in shadow so it is very difficult.

But you can (sort of) see that the shield is possibly all there (the rivets, I mean). The center is a bit mushy so it is worth closer to FH money that MOST I've seen (because of the rivets).

Overall, IMO, the picture is simply not good enough to tell. The coin could be anywhere from 63 to 66. confused-smiley-013.gif

jom

James, Nice coin. It is a pretty good strike. Hard to tell from the picture if it's a full head. The obverse is not as well struck as the reverse. If the luster is as you say, I would guess 63. I would have to see the coin in hand to guage the full head. I do see some weakness in the toes and chain mail due to the strike. Sash buttons are not present also. It has few marks that I can see and is a very presentable coin.