• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A few new purchases - variety of toning types.

7 posts in this topic

These are acquisitions from within the last week or so. I am linking these images purely for your enjoyment and discussion. Comments welcomed!

1950-D Jefferson nickel

Nothing spectacular, but I really like that original mother-of-pearl effect that some nickels acquire:

f1950d15_.jpg

JUMBO IMAGE

1878 half-dime

Popped out of a PCI MS-63 holder - in my opinion cleaned and probably retoned, but neat.

g187815_.jpg

JUMBO IMAGE

1829 Capped Bust half

Popped out of an old ANACS holder - my favorite recent purchase. Appears semi-prooflike in hand, and the images don't begin to tell how gorgeous this coin is. Truly a stunner - I plan on keeping this one for a long time!

k182948_.jpg

JUMBO IMAGE

1973-S Eisenhower dollar

Wild looking coin, had to be stored improperly to look like this. Tough to decide whether I actually like this one or not - what do you guys think?

l1973s15_.jpg

JUMBO IMAGE

1704-BB French 5-sols (Gadoury-108)

Totally awesome coin in my opinion. Incredibly original, and just a delight to behold.

y0104es_.jpg

JUMBO IMAGE

Thanks for looking.

James

i like ike!!!!!!!! great toning looks original to me

the half dollar is neat looks really good

i love the original jeff nick a really neat original thickly skinned coin with great eye appeal

french coin is cool i know nothing about these coins and not really into them but the coin does have the "look"

this particiular flowerred.gif1873 flowerred.gif half dime does nothing for me

but i do love half dimes and for me one of the most sexiest dates in the series is the last date 1873 with the s mintmark and if superb gem and with a thick white original skin with exceptional eye appeal like your jeff you posted on here

a totally monster undervalued sleeper really rare coin thumbsup2.gif

michael

Great coins. I also think the Jeff nickel is superb - very pretty and a great strike for a 50-D. And the Ike is great - that's a keeper. The toning on the other coins is very pretty, and I especially like the bust half. Sweet!

Hoot

Just like you guys not to notice or mention that absolutely gorgeous 5 sols acclaim.gif

That's OK James - I noticed thumbsup2.gif And yeah - I like the Jeff and the Ike too wink.gif

Just like you guys not to notice or mention that absolutely gorgeous 5 sols acclaim.gif

That's OK James - I noticed thumbsup2.gif And yeah - I like the Jeff and the Ike too wink.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

We noticed and made the general remarks! makepoint.gif We simply don't have the trained eye of an aficionado, as yourself. wink.gif After all, if you tie your tie too long, it ends up being your noose. angel.gif

Hoot