• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I cant believe this Thanks you "gmarguli" !!!!!

26 posts in this topic

I could not believe it when one of our form member "gmarguli" contacted me. He had just read my article on World Samples and he told me he had a complete set of ICG Coins of the World Samples slabs,

We kept in touch and then he asked for my address, he wanted it .

so he could send me this complete set of ICG World Samples Slabs.

I just wanted to say thank you to "gmarguli" in this open form

It just blew me away when he told me he was sending me this set.

I wanted to share my exciting news with everyone here on this form.

I know it is for U.S. coins, but this is where I spend all my time I hope that is OK

I hope you all enjoy them as much I do

All the best

Alan

4-1.jpg

7-1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

5.jpg

1-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

That is seriously cool Alan. I have bought quite a few coins from gmarguli and they have all been wonderful.

Very nice.....I remember a post a couple of years ago that he made about submitting all kinds of odd stuff to ICG just to test them or something. I think he was submitting stuff like wooden nickels and chucky cheese tokens.

Very nice.....I remember a post a couple of years ago that he made about submitting all kinds of odd stuff to ICG just to test them or something. I think he was submitting stuff like wooden nickels and chucky cheese tokens.

Fun with ICG - My Long Journey Toward Dementia

I don't like these "GM appreciation" threads. I think they are unwarranted. The punk is always trying to get me to spend money on coins. Just recently, he was able to slam on me a mis-graded Peru 5 Pesetas coin. It was (mis-)graded by a respected TPG as MS63. Upon receipt, I disagree with the assigned grade and promptly voiced my disagreement. How did Greg respond? He asked me to resubmit the coin.

The nerve of him!

For the record, I think the coin should have graded higher than 63. :)

Btw, whatever happened to that Houston Investor person? And, how did I not know about that other thread?

Greg

Again I can't thank you enough, Not only for the amazing gift, but for helping me clear up some of the mysteries that go along with sample slab collecting. I have written about these coins in my "World Sample Article" but at the time I

could only find four, Samples slabs are a mystery all on there own.

Since there are no records kept by any of the TPG it can sometimes be impossible to find answers to questions I need to complete an article.

You have cleared up this mystery and when it comes to sample slabs please understand that this is very big deal. It can save days of research and knowing after all the time spent researching, I can still come up empty and never get the answer I need

What Greg has done is give me the complete history of this World Sample set.

Along with the samples themselves..

Thank you again my friend.

All the very Best

Alan