• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did anyone see the article on the 1913 Liberty Nickel...

4 posts in this topic

...on the front page of the C section of the WALL STREET JOURNAL?!?!? 893whatthe.gif It was in last Thursday's paper (May 20th) and basically told about the one just sold for $3 million, and also talked about the other seven figure coins like the 1804 dollar and 1933 Saint. It seems as though the outside world is starting to pay attention to us again, and that either signals the beginning of the end of the bull market, or the beginning of the surge in outside investor demand that will eventually lead to the end of the bull market. Any thoughts?

I think some people just made well over a million bucks on that coin. I'd bet they buy more coins with the dough. John Albanese was quoted as saying that if a Picasso can be worth 100 million than the 1913 nickel could, one day, be worth 10 million!

Sigh, and with Wall Street compensation up this year, I guess we can expect higher prices at the big auctions, which will trickle down to us ordinary collectors, not to mention big ads in The Wall Street Journal for Morgan dollars and Saints.