• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Show your Gold Coins!
1 1

338 posts in this topic

Those are cruddy old coins. I have shinier ones in my wallet that I'm willing to trade you for some of those.

:)

Edited by Hepcat

I wish I had good pictures like some of you do. That one with the dude holding the coin up might be just a bit much but very creative for sure..

I tend to go south of the border for my favorite gold.

Population Graded NGC - 8 ---- Population at PF69 - 6 ----- None higher ----- Only 501 Proofs Minted

Obverse_large-325x325.jpg

Reverse_Large-325x325.jpg

DSCN4529-325x325.JPG

Population Graded NGC - 7 ----- Population at PF69 - 6 ----- 1 Higher at 70 ---- Only 303 Minted Proof and 303 Minted Business Strike

Obverse-325x325.jpg

Reverse-325x325.jpg

Slab-325x325.jpg

Only 500 Business Strikes Minted. Population of MS unknown. ---- Population of NGC Proof Graded 12 with 750 Proofs Minted Total

Obverse_Close_1-325x325.jpg

Reverse_Close_1-325x325.jpg

Obverse_Certification_1998_Gold-325x325.jpg

2013 20 Yn China Panda Gold PCGS MS70 ----- Probably Millions Minted. lol

DSCN3946-325x325.JPG

DSCN3944-325x325.JPG

DSCN3942-325x325.JPG

The rest are 1/10th Eagles in Proof and MS. Not very exciting to me so I wont post them.

It's a 69...I don't pay premiums for a 70 grades or anything like that. I just bought it for the nice orange color.

jom

Absolutely nice color. I was bidding on one on GC that had that kind of orange color but bailed early and focused on a couple of others. Was just curious. Very nice gold.

Some of mine. Thanks for looking.

It's no secret that I am not very good at grading coins but that 1882 looks much better than a 62 to me. What held it back or is it just under graded.

Nice gold btw

Gold coinage isn't my thing (dredge or sluice for raw is lots more fun!) but I couldn't help but peruse this post.

Is it just me or is almost every face used god-awful ugly (1869 1/4 Dol.) or misrepresented (1907 $10 looks like a modern white woman with a war bonnet).

The engravers seem to have gotten all else fairly well detailed but the faces??? UGH!!!