• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Added a Jefferson #44 100 Greatest

8 posts in this topic

This week I had a little money buy some Jefferson coins. I got beat out in an auction for a nice 1994 P Jefferson Nickel Matte "Special Uncirculated" NGC SP 69

Rank # 44 100 Greatest US Modern Coins for $41.00. My wife asked me a question and I forgot to increase my bid within the last 5 seconds. Found it on another auction and won it for $67.00 so I learn my lesson when bidding at the last seconds...hide from my wife. There are a few other Jefferson's I plan of getting but I have to save up some cash.

One down and 99 to go to complete the 100 Greatest U.S. Modern Coins 1st ed.

Who am I kidding unless I come into some real bucks it will always be a dream. In NYS they say "Hey you never know". Now is the time to sell off my ASE Proof coins from 2000 -2011.

Happy Collecting

best_category2011.gif

[sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

jeff44B.jpg

I really like the 1994-P SMS "matte proof" nickels and the more expensive 1997-P as well.

They just have a great look to them and there can be great variation between coins. Some have a very flat satin finish look to them, while others are highly lusterous and almost appear to have liquid surfaces. Many of them also have very nice toning (almost exclusively on the reverse because of the packaging) ranging from light golden colors to deep blues and purples.

I bought up a bunch of the 1993/94 Jefferson Coinage & Currency sets to sort of hoard these nickels and last year I cut up 50 of my sets and sent the nickels in for grading at PCGS. Didn't get any to grade 70, but that's alright :)

Here's a picture of all 50 (in stacks) when I got them back...

smsnickels.jpg