• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you get coin collecting information?

37 posts in this topic

Long ago, people subscribed to Numismatic Scrapbook, and other monthly publications, or maybe a weekly publication when they became available in the early 1960s. Now, there seem to be many more ways to receive coin information.

What do some of the board members use to "keep informed?"

Ummm,

I read your Posts!!!

Isn't that logical???

Sheesh.....

Respectfully,

John Curlis

But, I thought there was always a but ;):kidaround:

You just had to find a flaw in the logic thing I had going, didn't you.

Step on childrens' Tonka Toys too, I bet.....

Respectfully,

John Curlis

Actually my ummm only contained three 'mmm's, not wanting to infringe on your superior four mmmm's, so I contend that I haven't infringed on your copyright..... (worship)

Logic is not an excuse for not spelling correctly.....

Respectfully,

John Curlis

BTW coin pricing is part of collecting even if we do not always like it.

True, a minor part in my opinion. Although old ones are good for illustrating historical trends.

BTW coin pricing is part of collecting even if we do not always like it.

True, a minor part in my opinion. Although old ones are good for illustrating historical trends.

Old Red Books are great for this, although there isn't a one-to-one correspondence between old grades and current ones. "VF" of old can be AU today. "BU" can be "MS details, polished" today, also.

The "Leading Numismatic Catalog"! lol

On a more serious note, I refer to "The Official American Numismatic Associaton Grading Standards for United States Coins". I think it contains some good information (glossary, info about coins in general, pictures, etc.) in addition to tons of information on grading.