• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Photo journey of a deep cameo proof coin

34 posts in this topic

Roger, do you know what year the Mint switched to the laser etching method of frosting proof dies?

The first ones were the 2006 reverse proof ASEs. I think in 2007 just the presidential dollars were done this way.

Thanks for posting these. This has been an interesting forum and one of the most educational that we have had in a while.

P.S. What set up are you using to photograph the coins?

I will keep my setup description semi-short here, as I've been meaning to do a full write up with all of the gory details....

Well, this description has become MUCH longer than I intended, but I hope this helps you some.

[/size]

Thanks. This is helpful as well. Are there any plans to write a research article (as suggested by RWB) on your findings? It seems worthy of publication in Coin World, Numismatic New, or similar numismatic publication.

Thanks for posting these. This has been an interesting forum and one of the most educational that we have had in a while.

P.S. What set up are you using to photograph the coins?

I will keep my setup description semi-short here, as I've been meaning to do a full write up with all of the gory details....

Well, this description has become MUCH longer than I intended, but I hope this helps you some.

[/size]

Thanks. This is helpful as well. Are there any plans to write a research article (as suggested by RWB) on your findings? It seems worthy of publication in Coin World, Numismatic New, or similar numismatic publication.

I would be happy to write it up, but I'd like to have the transition dates of all denominations for a photo series. I have proof sets from 2008 and 2009 that I can photograph, but I will try to get my hands on the 2007, 2010, and 2011 sets. I'm also waiting on a new lens to arrive in the next week or so that should improve my images.

I would be happy to write it up, but I'd like to have the transition dates of all denominations for a photo series. I have proof sets from 2008 and 2009 that I can photograph, but I will try to get my hands on the 2007, 2010, and 2011 sets. I'm also waiting on a new lens to arrive in the next week or so that should improve my images.

I wish I could help, but I think I stopped collecting the sets around this point.