• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When sending in a slabbed ngc coin for conservation??

3 posts in this topic

Does NCS after removing the coin from the slab and conserving the coin, do they alert or notify NGC of the grade of the coin before conservation or do they just send it over as a raw conserved coin,thanks joe

When a coin already certified by NGC is submitted for conservation it will be evaluated prior to the conservation both to see what conservation work may be beneficial to the piece and by an NGC grader to determine if the coin will at least maintain the currently stated grade through the conservation process. If both tests have positive potential then the coin is conserved and regraded with NGC following the conservation. The coin is graded at NGC as would any raw coin.

Chris, NCS

Chris,

I understand there are no guarantees, but can you say what you "batting average" is?

I have a ms67 silver Washington with unattractive mottled toning.

I am trying to decide whether to chance conservation or not. Would ruin my day if it came back a 66.

I have zero experience, I just wonder what my comfort level might be?

Jon