• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kryptonitecomics FUN show report DAY 1 & 2

66 posts in this topic

How do members of this forum meet at these large shows? At the luncheon, name tags? Being far away from major shows and knowing I collect a select coin group (GSA's), I would think part of the experience would be meeting some of the members here. Or are most members interest on the floor doing business??

Just wondering how it all works.

Chet

Chet,

Before each major show, someone always starts a thread about meeting up with others. Just keep an eye for the next one: LB for west coast, and Baltimore for east coast. Not sure where and when is the mid-winter ANA show this year.

EVP

I'll have an update as well but it will be late tomorrow. I will say that Chris is a trouble maker. We had to sit at the back of the room. :grin:

I'll have an update as well but it will be late tomorrow. I will say that Chris is a trouble maker. We had to sit at the back of the room. :grin:

That's awfully nice of you to say, Larry! Geez, I thought I was being pretty nice.

That's why I call him "Idhair" with a capital "eye"! :roflmao:

I wish I had known that Mark Feld was there. I would really have liked to meet him. Thanks for telling me, guys! How much did he pay you not to mention his name in front of me? :devil:

I must say that Shane's shirt was a fantastic rainbow that deserved MS70**, but I have to admit that it was overpriced for the grade. :foryou:

We had a nice group at our table for the luncheon. Besides me and my guest, Rick Yates (Contrarian) from the CT forums, there was Jason Poe (Physics-fan3.14), Shane Canup (Kryptonitecomics), John Baumgart (Messydesk), Larry (Idhair) and Alan.......forgive me for not remembering all of the (last and/or user) names.

As was already mentioned, some were passing around their NEWP's to share, but I have to say that John cracked me up. Shane had a nice little display case that held 9 slabs which were all NGC 2.0/2.1. I had already seen it earlier that morning, and when I handed it to John, he immediately started checking the Morgans for VAM's. You go, John! :banana: By the way, for those of you who don't know, John is the current President of the SSDC. :rulez: WARNING! SPAM! So, for those of you interested in joining the SSDC, getting interested in VAM's and/or participating in the VAM Registry, he is the man to see.

Chris

How do members of this forum meet at these large shows? At the luncheon, name tags? Being far away from major shows and knowing I collect a select coin group (GSA's), I would think part of the experience would be meeting some of the members here. Or are most members interest on the floor doing business??

Just wondering how it all works.

Chet

Chet, besides posting on a thread like "Who's Going to FUN?" one of the things some of us do is exchange cellphones via PM before going so that we can hook-up at the show.

Chris

Shane,

It was nice to finally meet you !

Mike, I was surprised that we bumped into you at breakfast. You're looking well, and it was good to see you again.

Chris

Shane,

Mike, I was surprised that we bumped into you at breakfast. You're looking well, and it was good to see you again.

Chris

Ahhhhhhh ok different name over on these forums but MFH across the street?

Ok...here are the two most important parts of my missing 2nd day report...

1st THE SHIRT :acclaim:

ShowShirt.jpg

next...my raw pickup that I submitted at the show. :cloud9:

Consignments80034.jpg

Consignments80037.jpg

Consignments80168.jpg

Consignments80170.jpg

ShowShirt.jpg

Oh, that is the worst-looking shirt I ever saw. When you buy a shirt like that I bet you get a free bowl of soup

Nice coin though Shane!

ShowShirt.jpg

Oh, that is the worst-looking shirt I ever saw. When you buy a shirt like that I bet you get a free bowl of soup

Nice coin though Shane!

I thought so too but I had two dealers offer to buy the shirt from me so it must have been so ugly it was fashionable lol

ShowShirt.jpg

WTF? :roflmao: Sorry Shane but, :roflmao:

Oh, guys, that picture of Shane's shirt doesn't even show the cuffs of the sleeves - they really make the shirt. Bring it all together, you could say.

The reason we had to sit in the back at lunch was because Shane's shirt would have distracted Mark and Scott during the presentation. Next year, you'll have to bring a pair of sunglasses for the guys up front.

haha, amazing CC morgan, and your shirt looks like a kaleidoscope.

i'd wear it, just wouldn't button it up all the way. I dont understand what all the scratchy looking things are on it. looks like one of those toned coins that is missing color in place cuz of scratches or something lol.

good stuff.

Here are the cuffs...the scruffy stuff is embroidery all over the shirt.... :applause:

$(KGrHqJ,!kwE7!Ese3ZzBO2!MsEJiQ~~60_3.JPG

I think you should have taken my advice and wore the Superman costume.

Shane, it was great seeing you at the show and I especially love your shirts! The spider shirt was my favorite but I think the colorful one topped it! You're a fun guy, as well as generous! Thanks for sharing your time at the show with us.

Shane,

Chris

Ahhhhhhh ok different name over on these forums but MFH across the street?

Yup, that's me. I saw you last year ( because of your distinctive jacket ) but

did'nt know who you were. It was a pleasure seeing you and finally meeting you.

Chris,

Good seeing you again as well. I think I have caught your Morgan Fever, though.

I'll post images one of these days once I get use to how with an iPad. I have about

a dozen now.

Chris,

Good seeing you again as well. I think I have caught your Morgan Fever, though.

I'll post images one of these days once I get use to how with an iPad. I have about a dozen now.

I'll be anxious to see them.

Chris