• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New pickup - Toned SLQ.

22 posts in this topic

I think you paid a fair price for it. In hand, I'm guessing it is mottled russet toning. I don't like it from the pics, and don't think its going to be attractive in hand, but we'll see. I guarantee it doesn't have the bluish toning that appears in some of the pics - that is an artifact of the poor lighting and terrible pictures.

Awful photos. If you could post better ones when you receive the coin, I'd feel less hesitant about opinionating on it. I hope it is as nice as you are expecting.

physics is right about the blue color, i also think its from the lighting, i have looked at a lot of this seller's coins. someone posted a ms65+ peace earlier from same seller and it too had a bluish color in the pic.

i also got a russet/rustic feel about it , at first. but the pics are actually just bad.

the 5th pic i think, was the best one. showed a nice little rainbow rainbow at the top and i think was a better representation of what it looks like.

as well as the last pic for the reverse.

dont know anything about quarters, so i cant comment on anything except the color.

hopefully its nice and you like it.

An easy way to create that type of lighting effect is to mix different types of lights in your setup. I learned that lesson the hard way a few years back.

JeffersonNickel1943-SNGCMS666374-4.jpg

Obviously the coin has no green on it and the bottom photo is what the coin actually looks like. On the bright side, it is encouraging to see how much my photos have improved over the years.

A bit of research, and here are images of the coin from a previous auction.

I see he has a 7 day return policy. I would make use of it.

lol, subtle yet direct advice

A bit of research, and here are images of the coin from a previous auction.

Omitting your images to save bandwidth, but from those images, I like the coin. The toning looks nice and stable. I'm guessing there's some rainbow colors at the top of the obverse, when you tilt it, just so, under the light.

Thats actually a good friend of mine and I think you will see that in hand the photo surprisingly matches the coin. I was surprised the first time I seen all of his coins in hand. They are all very similar to the pics. Some of them (like the MS66* 3 cent silver) are way better than the pics show.

As long as you like it (coin + the price you paid) then that is all that matters.

jom