• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question: do you like pictures of coin purchases displayed here?

46 posts in this topic

EVP:

Thanks. The original look got me also. Sure like coins of any type that look like this.

Just noticed after posting the picture. Boy they sure look nice over here for some reason. Much clearer. I think this is the first one posted here in this fashion by myself. Hopefully the coin is clear on other monitors also.

Ken

Just noticed after posting the picture. Boy they sure look nice over here for some reason. Much clearer. I think this is the first one posted here in this fashion by myself. Hopefully the coin is clear on other monitors also.

I think Arch told me that they maintain their systems with pixie dust. He seems to think that this will make every aspect of their environment, including the displaying of images on client machines, better.

If you're interested, you can order pixie dust by the tinful from IBM.

smile.gif

Regards,

EVP

Well, I know one thing. Having the file size be 70K does make for a little better quality image when it comes to jpeg compression. Of course, if they upped it to 100K, that would make a grand difference! wink.gif

Neil

True, only problem is that I don't always have a reliable host to work from. And since space is so cheap... As long as the DBAs write a few sweeper triggers for the DB, they could probably increase the file size to 200K which would be more than enough...

Neil

keep posting all these great photos/scans! wild!!!!

here is a neat rainbow rim toned thick skinned mintstate walker! ngc ms 66 and a 41 s to boot!!

really uncommon for any date/grade walker as such and with the 41 s date factored in................

something you do not see often...................... if at all!

sincerely michael

85666-41sWALKER.jpg.b4d2725155210ed41ed0065bfcf3f5a8.jpg

Michael you have put the Walker into the mail for me? Correct.

The pictures I have been posting are put on free web space provided by Earthlink for customers. Have had no problems with them at all.

BTW, I'm on the Pixie Dust. laugh.gif

Ken

Well, Neil, I guess that I posted a little too quick before I read on. I have a 1938 D buffalo in ms 67 and your coin looks better than mine both in strike and in lustre.

I have to admit, I don't know enough about them to know if mine could get bumped up to 67. It also has a nice, soft pastel tone that doesn't come out well. Mainly because I use a halogen light to take pics. I'm thinking of changing it to a regular incandescent to pick up more subtlety.

Neil