• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1891-S Morgan

10 posts in this topic

Well guys,

The guy that I bought the 1880/9 Morgan from informed me of this 1891-S Morgan that he would like to sell soon. He sent me some pictures (Warning: They're not the greatest, as his younger daughter took them!):

1891-s_1.JPG

1891-s_2.JPG

1891-s_3.JPG

1891-s_4.JPG

1891-s_5.JPG

Right off the bat, I don't see any contrast between Lady Liberty and the fields. I think the giant shadow may have something to do with it. I do see some mirror like reflection in the fields I see some marks on the cheek.

But the quality of the pictures don't show enough detail to warrant a guesstimate of the grade.

Thoughts?

Bryan

My first thought was"that's a sweet Coin World slab he's got there!"

Second thought was to ask him to take the camera away from his daughter and send some better images.

Last thought is I'd offer him $35 delivered for that coin.

My first thought was"that's a sweet Coin World slab he's got there!"

Second thought was to ask him to take the camera away from his daughter and send some better images.

Last thought is I'd offer him $35 delivered for that coin.

lol! You know something is wrong when you are happier to see the slab instead of the coin itself.... ;)

I am one who thinks this is a good coin with bad photos. I am gonna go out on a limb and say MS64 PL.. I do not think this coin is polished but I could be wrong. Photo 2 is the tip off. If it was polished then you would not see a frosty looking face and more reflective like the fields.

I am one who thinks this is a good coin with bad photos. I am gonna go out on a limb and say MS64 PL.. I do not think this coin is polished but I could be wrong. Photo 2 is the tip off. If it was polished then you would not see a frosty looking face and more reflective like the fields.

I'd have to disagree simply because it lacks a lot of detail in her hair which suggests circulation wear.

Chris

I'd have to disagree simply because it lacks a lot of detail in her hair which suggests circulation wear.

Chris

Better photos would help solve this one.