• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Christmas Present posted by lanebrad

6 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Wife present to me

Well with Christmas fast approching I ask the wife how she was doing on getting present of course she seems not to have much time so she told me why dont you order yourself some coins!! Well she didnt have to ask me twice so I ordered some Franklin Halves and that 4 pennies set from 2009. figures that would be a nice gift. was thinking about the ASE to work on but I think I will let them rest for a while after the 2011 mega set came out It hard to keep up. and that shouldnt be the point of collecting anyway it not sour grapes I could get them but it seem like it was getting to much. I notice some of you collector have a complete set or darn close Rick for example congrates. so looking back on 2011 it was a good yr.I got help with questions on coins and made some new friends and keep in contact with some older ones. Now on a personnal note in Feb I will be going in for a Total Hip replacement so I guess I will have more time to play with my collection. well to all my fellow collectors I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas and keep adding to your collection what ever it may be.

Lane

See more journals by lanebrad

My wife does the same thing when it comes to gifts. She knows I want a coin so she just tells me to pick one out. She also gives me Ebay gift cards which is quite cool too.

And best of luck and a speedy recovery from the hip surgery.

Jeffrey

It is sometimes amazing the amont our other half (like my wife) puts up with our addictional lust for nice coins. As things are tight this christmas with very little work the past month I was able to spend the $300 and the 2 coins on my new 2011 Aniv. set. My wife just said that was my expence for christmas, since she knew I really wanted the set to complete my Mint Set Silver Eagles.

And now is the best time of the year to reward them for their understanding and support.

Merry Christmas-----

Lane,

Just had a buddy that got a hip replaced and he's very happy with the results, his only complaint was that he wished he hadn't waited so long to get it done, hope yours works out the same.

Best of luck,

Larry

Good Luck on that hip replacement, my Uncle had it done very recently and he is much more comforatable.

I;ve got a Delaware and Huguenot Halves coming from XmAS. YaY!!