• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB NGC Mercs.

36 posts in this topic

Yes, there are proof-like Mercury Dimes. Jason has posted several in the past, and I am sure that other posters have as well. They are quite interesting. I'm beginning to think that I should have followed Jason's example a couple of years ago, and started a proof-like type set. The set is full of opportunities for scarce coins, some with only a moderate premium over their non-proof like counterparts.

Yes, there are proof-like Mercury Dimes. Jason has posted several in the past, and I am sure that other posters have as well. They are quite interesting. I'm beginning to think that I should have followed Jason's example a couple of years ago, and started a proof-like type set. It is fully of opportunities for scarce coins, some with only a moderate premium over their non-proof like counterparts.

I was going to start a PL set doh!

THE OTHER FELLOWS ARE RIGHT. ALWAYS GO FOR FB. INVARIABLY, I'D RATHER HAVE A PQ 64FB, THAN A NO-BAND 7. EXCEPT FOR MAYBE A 16D OR 42/1, YOU CAN'T GIVE AWAY NO-BAND COINS. IF YOU BECOME SERIOUS AS A MERC COLLECTOR IN THE FUTURE, YOU'LL REGRET YOUR INITIAL NO-BAND PURCHASES. AT LEAST IN MY MIND, YOU'RE BEST TO BUY COINS THAT ARE IN THE TOP 10% OF THEIR STATED GRADE ONE AT A TIME AND WAIT TIL YOU FIND THEM. I'D RATHER SPEND 4 MONEY FOR A 4 THAT HAS A SHOT AT 5 THAN SPEND 5 MONEY FOR A 5 THAT HAS A SHOT AT 4. GOOD LUCK.