• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did anyone else try ordering the Lewis & Clark Commems today?

17 posts in this topic

I began trying to order them at the 12-noon start on both the mints web site and by phone. Initially the web site didn’t even have them listed and was extremely slow between page refreshes, and at times I would just get an error page. 893frustrated.gif

I was finally able to place my order for 4 unc, 4 proofs, and 5 C & C sets at 12:55 p.m.! As for trying to get through on the phone, I tried continuously using redial from 12 noon till my order went through on the web and all I would get was a message saying ‘We are sorry, but we are unable to take your call at this time. Please try again later.’ mad.gif

I think it may be time for the mint to upgrade their servers and maybe talk to the company that they outsourced their customer service/order taking to about adding a few more people to answer the phone. foreheadslap.gif

John

I feel your pain. But lets face it, we are at their mercy. Ordering from the Mint is like ordering from a company that has only been in business for 2 weeks.

stooges.gif

I have never had any problem with Mint orders. I have subscriptions to annual sets and they send me a nice email saying your subscription order will be filled within the next 30 days. I got an email today that the L&C Silver proof comm. dollar is now available. I did not know there was an UNC version and other versions? available.

Hi everyone

I received that order form today and they want $90 for the Lewis & Clark C and C set. My first thought was "WOW what's in it"? Two uncirculated nickels, one Sac

dollar, a one ounce silver common and a replica $10 note! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif All that for 90 bucks? If the nickels had a matte proof finish and the bill was real (another cheap one if that $10 note is rare) then sure, I'd pay the money!

Even if they could gaurantee a couple of EDS markfree nickels, I'd buy it!

But the silver ounce and folklure just ain't gonna cut it for me.....I'll pass!

Someone, please tell me why this set costs $90!

Leo

It would really be neat if the US Mint double struck and carefully handled 100,000 of them new nickels for the L & C C & C sets! Now that would be a new rarity, MS70 nickels! 27_laughing.gif

Leo

It took me 3 hours to complete the order on the mint web site...and that was with a DSL connection! I tried to email them but I was redirected to a site that said it was unavailable due to heavy volume.

I recieved my proof and mint coins today and they look nice, I'm happy with them...but whats up with them not shipping the currency and coins sets until June???

-Jill

The Mint posted that the C&C sets are sold out

Did you get your order in yet???

Sold out! 893whatthe.gif Now I am going to have to spend hundreds of dollars on eBay and then [!@#%^&^] and moan that I never got off my butt to order one. frown.gif

At $90 a piece, I think the mint took all the profit out of them. Given the 50K & 50K of the coins in each set, this commem is likely to be a high mintage and low value coin.

Its 500,000 divided by all 4 options.

That guy is full of BS. Sold out??? The only specific "set" with a preset mintage (50,000) is the Indian pouch set (A proof dollar, a handmade beaded pouch and certificate of authenticity hand signed by the maker of the pouch). In other words, only 50,000 POUCHES will be produced.

That listing should be pulled for false advertising. The seller should be pelted with dateless buffalo nickels for being a .

makepoint.gif

Hi Glen,

Yes, I was able to get my order in on the first day, it just took a very long time. My order shows as being in process on the mints web site. What about you?

Dry, The C & C set was in fact limited to 50,000 sets and is already sold out. What the mint means by ‘This program is limited to 500,000 coins across all four product options’ is that no more than 500,000 Lewis and Clark dollars will be made TOTAL. However, up to 50,00 of the coins could be used for the C & C sets and another 50,000 for Indian pouch sets. So a total of 100,000 coins could be allocated for these sets FROM the 500,00 total, if demand for the sets support these levels. So, being that the C & C set has already sold out, this would leave 400,000 for the uncirculated and proof versions of the coin, if the Indian pouch set sells out.

John