• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$20 Gold St. Gaudens

31 posts in this topic

Well Bo, I'm like you, I have a set that I doubt I'll ever finish, but I've taken a different approach than you, I am going for getting the different dates and mints, and am less concerned with specific grades. This is just my preference, but there are a lot of rarer coins out there that are surprisingly affordable in AU or even low MS, so that's what I go for.

Here's a link to my set, I'm not even in the top 20 anymore, but I still have fun, filling a hole every 2 or 3 years.

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/SetListing.aspx?PeopleSetID=1948

As for your list, you should certainly add the 16-S as that's pretty affordable in 65, also check out the Philly issues for 1909-15, though in 65 they might set you back. Best of luck whatever you do, and even if you don't complete the set, it's all about having fun trying!

Wow. If you started in 1999, you've done really well!