• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

for those that like (or liked) the direct ship mint program............

9 posts in this topic

First, it made sense, and businesses were doing the mint a favor with this program. Now the buy over face and spend at face.

I did a shipment w/ free shipping. Our taco lady charges $2 a taco. It worked out well for me as I just kept them at work. Now I will just request $2 bills at the bank whenever I'm there and keep those at work.

And yes, I'm dead serious. We have a taco lady the delivers homemade breakfast tacos to where I work.

I love her to pieces.

Only the government can impose a $12.50 fee "as a means to proactively comply with the requirement of Public Law 109-145 to remove barriers and improve circulation of the $1 coin" you just can't make this stuff up. They will go down, no one will order them since you now have to pay $12.50 over face, and pay by check! Who would ever do that?

They will go down, no one will order them since you now have to pay $12.50 over face, and pay by check! Who would ever do that?

...perhaps the fans of the NA bucks since the banks can't/won't order them from the feds. hm

One of the coin clubs used to order these and then sell rolls to the members for face value. Was a great way of getting these coins into the hands of collectors since the local banks usually don't have them. Oh well...

They will go down, no one will order them since you now have to pay $12.50 over face, and pay by check! Who would ever do that?

...perhaps the fans of the NA bucks since the banks can't/won't order them from the feds. hm

Ok, so 6 people will order them now...I certainly won't, and yes that's how I used to get them, but now it's too much of a hassle. I'll just pay $28 a roll from a local dealer to get exactly the rolls I want and forget the mint.

Ok, so 6 people will order them now...I certainly won't, and yes that's how I used to get them, but now it's too much of a hassle. I'll just pay $28 a roll from a local dealer to get exactly the rolls I want and forget the mint.

This should be further proof that the U.S. Mint5 could care less. Take their recent actions that ruined the A.S.E. Anniversary set. They issue an apology that they hold their regular customer in the highest regard. Apparently the define " regular" as somebody that has never ordered from them ever before or in many years and never will again.

The same choice exists with the common year issue of the A.S.E.One can order the A.S.E. and they have to accept it or return it and must pay grading costs and mailing costs if they send it in to get graded. Then they have to accept the grade. For a small premium they can purchase the grade they want in most cases. I completely cancelled the U..S. Mint Website.