• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

25th Anniversary SAE Grading results? posted by CBC

46 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

PF70? PF69?

Have any Collectors Society members received a grading report from their 25th anniversary sets?

The population report for the regular issue proof 2011 SAE's shows about 70% were graded PF70UC. I'm wondering if this trend is holding true for the 25th Anniversary sets. My five sets arrived in Sarasota yesterday so I'm not expecting a grade report before early December.

See more journals by CBC

My 5 sets were scheduled for grading on the 16th.I'm still waiting also. It seems like there are a lot more 70 sets then 69 sets on Ebay, not really a reliable indication though. I'll post my grades as soon as I know.

CBC,

Easy buddy, NGC grading is not that fast unless you are a dealer. The dealers will get confirmation first so they can sell the sets before you get your grades. I think the grades will start to roll in Dec.1st and the Ya-Hoos will begin. I have not found a set yet but still trying. I did find a set yesterday but when I told the person I was picking it up instead of mailing the check he never called me .===SCAM

I wish everyone here the best of luck.

HAPPY COIN COLLECTING

Mine arrived at NGC today so I will post when I have a grade.

MODERN - 20

MODERN - SPECIAL LABEL - 5

SUBMISSION ACKNOWLEDGEMENT

I do like the new email notification with an inventory PDF.

I only bought one set and sent it in the original box from the mint unopened. The other submission is 20 modern silver commemorative coins.

Hence, the special label designation.....now if I can get early release on the set that would be the......

K

I mailed my set to NGC a week ago via registered mail. To date I still do not have USPS confirmation my box was delivered or that NGC has received it for grading. I do not know what it is, but registered mail is always a slow go for me from where I live even though the box was shipped priority mail. I expect to see my box received at NGC early next week.

Gary

I mailed my set to NGC a week ago via registered mail. To date I still do not have USPS confirmation my box was delivered or that NGC has received it for grading. I do not know what it is, but registered mail is always a slow go for me from where I live even though the box was shipped priority mail. I expect to see my box received at NGC early next week.

Gary

Check COLLECTOR ORDER TRACKING they may be in then click on your order number. That's way to long, Priority Mail should be delivered in 5 days max.

I was hoping someone might have gotten luicky and have some early results. I notice the ebay sold prices are dropping fast; yesterday's sale prices for 70 sets are in the $2500 range and the 69's are around $1000. I bet some of those early buyers at $3800 are kicking themselves right now.

Gary, Registered / Priority mail should get there in two to three days. Unfortunately, USPS won't even start investigating until at least 21 days after mailing. Hopefully your package is already at NGC and the on-line tracking just hasn't caught up with it.

Gary

Im in the same boat. I mailed mine off 3 days ago and there isnt a status from USPS. I figured everytime this box stops somewhere, they are supposed to scan it in. I guess my box is going non-stop to Sarasota.

I have my sets ready to ship to NGC and I created the submission form on line. The problem is i didn't select Modern Special. Can i just change it on the form or is there another way. The tier cost is the same so it's just what tier they will process.

Any info would be appreciated.

Joined NGC last Friday, submitted some 25th anniversary sets. Used on-line form, seemed straight forward and send Registered. USPS shows delivered in Florida but I've heard nothing from NGC, I do have invoice and customer numbers. Also followed directions to a Tee. Three invoices, one signed with CC number.. The hardest part of this process is the Registered Mail requirements, must use only Postal tape (which of course, I didn't. Spent hour at post office taping over every piece of clear packing tape. Poor postal worker has to place a stamp ant every place the postal tape ends, the darned box must have 500 stamps. Being that this is first submittal, please tell me there is nothing odd that I may have missed. Also, will NGC call or post on my member site once they unpack and get ready to review coins? Or, do they just review the coins and only post when preparing to ship back? This is quite exciting if I handled things right. I have some gold, Buffalo, UHF. and others to send in as GoldRush. I think the UHR is proof-like. Do I have to tell them to test for that? I'm a collector and have come to conclusion, it's less expensive being member than to pay for certified slab (also safer) I have tons of questions but should apply them on proper threads, Thanks

Steve.

The more I use Express mail the more I like it. There is nothing on the package that says there's anything valuable inside (steal me) and having a deadline of 24 hours or less the USPS pays more attention to where my package is vs registered mail.

Wow. I don't know about the rest of you, but it scares the you know what out of me to put big money coins in the post office. I'm lucky and live in florida, so my submissions to NGC & PMG are overnight no matter how i ship. I only trust fedex or ups with high value packages. i insured my five 25th anniversary sets for $2500 and my shipping cost to sarasota was about $50. My sets were set for grading about 2 days later. I have a problem now with an ebay buyer and the usps floating coins around. at least with fedex or ups, i can get a live, warm body to answer the phone and give me a hand with an issue. just my humble opinion!

You may be able to change it manually, but you could also go back to the website, create a new submission form and trash the one you have. I would just start over with a new on-line form so there's no chance for error.

Gary

I called NGC as they received my shipment exactly 1 week from the day I shipped it. I was paying by credit card and forgot to sign the form. They said it was OK and that my card will still get charged without the signature but they also mentioned that they are 2-3 days behind in opening boxes after they are received. My box was received on Thursday and so far it still not listed under Order Status. I expect it to show up either on Monday or Tuesday.

Originally Posted By: gherrmann44

Gary

gary...i too am in the same boat. I mailed mine out usps priority mail/registered. Mine to still haven't arrived. I have filed a complaint with usps with no avail. THEY cant even tell me where its at but say it isn't lost or held up somewhere. They tell me it will take up to 10 days. And I cannot file for a lost shipment for 21 days. They initially told me it would be there in 3 days.....8 days later and still nothing......Im praying that something bad didn't happen and it gets there by december 8th or there will be hell to pay!

gary...i too am in the same boat. I mailed mine out usps priority mail/registered. Mine to still haven't arrived. I have filed a complaint with usps with no avail. THEY cant even tell me where its at but say it isn't lost or held up somewhere. They tell me it will take up to 10 days. And I cannot file for a lost shipment for 21 days. They initially told me it would be there in 3 days.....8 days later and still nothing......Im praying that something bad didn't happen and it gets there by december 8th or there will be hell to pay!

I always use Insured Priority Mail, but this time I had the same problem, didn't show up on the Tracker, thought it was lost. Went to the PO, they found it on their Insured database, and they resurrected the Tracking # online. Shipped Sat., got there Wed AM..

Registered return from NGC actuallt took 2 weeks on one occasion. I 'll ship priority mail with fully insured ( not registered) so my packages always arrive in 2-3 days max.

Again, NGC may just be swamped and have not caught up on entering the packages as "received" yet ( they have to open each box, unwrap the content, enter each set into their computer, probably remove every coin from mint packaging and capsules and put them into flips--lotsa extra work on these sets just for the receiving dept). If it's taking 2 months or more for certain grading tiers because they are under-staffed, it wouldn't surprise me if there are stacks of bins full of boxes/packages just piling up in the mail room......

Mine are in quality control now, I checked the numbers from Ebay auction using 25 coins for the last three numbers and see an austonishing amount of 70 CRC had 50 coins with only 1 MS Plain 69, and MCM had all 25 coins as 70's, Looks like they are grading very high.

Larry

Hi All,

I sent my 5 sets in yesterday also, (Priority-Signature) I'm hoping by Fri Delivery at the latest. I also added $3 each for (Photo Imaging) all 25 coins.

Good Luck to all that are waiting on those 70's. Please keep us dated with grades and photos when received.

Thanks Jim

Received the grades for my 5 "25th Anniversary Sets" today.

Here they are:

LineItem Year Mint Mark Variety/Pedigree Denom. Grade Comments

001 2011 W EAGLE 25TH ANNIVERSARY SET S$1 MS 70

002 2011 W EAGLE 25TH ANNIVERSARY SET S$1 MS 70

003 2011 W EAGLE 25TH ANNIVERSARY SET S$1 MS 70

004 2011 W EAGLE 25TH ANNIVERSARY SET S$1 MS 70

005 2011 W EAGLE 25TH ANNIVERSARY SET S$1 MS 69

006 2011 W EAGLE 25TH ANNIVERSARY SET S$1 PF 70 ULTRA CAMEO

007 2011 W EAGLE 25TH ANNIVERSARY SET S$1 PF 70 ULTRA CAMEO

008 2011 W EAGLE 25TH ANNIVERSARY SET S$1 PF 70 ULTRA CAMEO

009 2011 W EAGLE 25TH ANNIVERSARY SET S$1 PF 70 ULTRA CAMEO

010 2011 W EAGLE 25TH ANNIVERSARY SET S$1 PF 70 ULTRA CAMEO

011 2011 P EAGLE REVERSE PF 25TH ANNIVERSARY SET S$1 PF 70

012 2011 P EAGLE REVERSE PF 25TH ANNIVERSARY SET S$1 PF 69

013 2011 P EAGLE REVERSE PF 25TH ANNIVERSARY SET S$1 PF 70

014 2011 P EAGLE REVERSE PF 25TH ANNIVERSARY SET S$1 PF 70

015 2011 P EAGLE REVERSE PF 25TH ANNIVERSARY SET S$1 PF 69

016 2011 S EAGLE 25TH ANNIVERSARY SET S$1 MS 70

017 2011 S EAGLE 25TH ANNIVERSARY SET S$1 MS 70

018 2011 S EAGLE 25TH ANNIVERSARY SET S$1 MS 70

019 2011 S EAGLE 25TH ANNIVERSARY SET S$1 MS 69

020 2011 S EAGLE 25TH ANNIVERSARY SET S$1 MS 68

021 2011 EAGLE 25TH ANNIVERSARY SET S$1 MS 69

022 2011 EAGLE 25TH ANNIVERSARY SET S$1 MS 70

023 2011 EAGLE 25TH ANNIVERSARY SET S$1 MS 69

024 2011 EAGLE 25TH ANNIVERSARY SET S$1 MS 69

025 2011 EAGLE 25TH ANNIVERSARY SET S$1 MS 70

I'm real happy getting 2 complete 70 sets. Not so happy with the 2011 S in MS 68.

Still, 17 out of 25 coins are 70's, not too shabby!!

I have a feeling that grading results such as yours will be the "norm" for these sets. Just about everyone that bought more than one set has a great chance of having a full MS/PF 70 set

had a friend who sent in two sets, he only got 30 % (7) 69's and (3) 70's , at least one of the money coins was a 70, , he said his package did not have any rattlers in it when he sent it off, so go figure !! I hope I get least 50 percent 70's on my sets

I mailed mine a week ago, registered, It was received according to post office. It's been 4 days now and not a word from NGC. I guess it's not their policy to tell us they've got our package. Wonder what happens, does it just show up one day? There 12 day turn around, I wonder what that means? It's not comfortable knowing I have a box in a center, full of coins that are important to me, and I don't even know they have it. The post office thinks so, does NGC?

NGC is swamped with submissions for the 25th Anniversary Coin Sets. I'm sure they have your sets but they have not been entered into there database, as soon as they are entered you will see them when you hit the order status link which will show the date they were entered. That's the date that starts your 12 day turn around. My receive date was 11/14/11, scheduled for grading was 11/16/11, quality control was 11/22/11, and finalized/image/shipped was also 11/22/11. My turn around time was 9 day's. I'm just waiting on the USPS now.