• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 New Coins for my Collection! posted by NAS Fallon Firefighter

11 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I love the Military themed coins!

Hello everybody,

I was able to add a couple very nice coins to my modern commemorative collection the last few days...the 2011 Medal of Honor in the proof and MS versions. Both are graded 70 and look awesome.

I have to say the U.S. Mint does a fine job with the military themed coins. The MoH has become one of my favorites!

The MoH represents not only the individual's great service to our country but the greater service they do to and for each other in the heat of battle!

God bless our people in uniform...they are the best of us!

Jeffrey

9746.JPG

See more journals by NAS Fallon Firefighter

Jeff, Congrats on a couple of very nice Dollars. You've inspired me to collect all the military themed modern commemoratives. That will be a nice little subset.

Later,

Malcolm

Thanks guys.

I am going with the my modern comm collection for now and trying to do all of them in the 70 grade. With over a hundred coins in the set, it's going to take some time and money.

I am also looking foward to next year's Infantry commemorative. The Mint sure has been on a roll honoring the Military the last couple years. :golfclap:

Best of luck Malcolm with the Military themed set...there are some nice coins to go in it.

Jeffrey

I'm going to go with just the Dollars and Half Dollars due to relative poverty. :) That's still going to be a good challenge with the Civil War, WWII, Korean, POW/MIA, Women Veterans, West Point, Army, USMC, MOH, am I missing anything?? I should also add the 5 ounce Gettysburg as the crown jewel.

Later,

Malcolm

117371.jpg.ae8c9c39b341528b9d5792ee81e27d99.jpg