• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old school ANACS photo-graded

6 posts in this topic

Maybe we were better off in the days of this.

"Better off" with coins not as well protected?

And in some cases, coins which weren't even originally with the photo certificate and have been switched?

Maybe we were better off in the days of this.

"Better off" with coins not as well protected?

And in some cases, coins which weren't even originally with the photo certificate and have been switched?

Mark,

It was a tongue in cheek comment.

I do not believe we were better off with that type of holder, but I do believe we were better off with obv/rev grading. A lot of dealers have begun to list their own obv/rev grades on their earlier 1800 and late 1700 coins( Osburn for one), especially copper. I like it but seem to be in the minority. Very few coins, especially circulated, have the same actual grade on both sides. Then that is just my opinion.

Jim

I do not believe we were better off with that type of holder, but I do believe we were better off with obv/rev grading. A lot of dealers have begun to list their own obv/rev grades on their earlier 1800 and late 1700 coins( Osburn for one), especially copper. I like it but seem to be in the minority. Very few coins, especially circulated, have the same actual grade on both sides. Then that is just my opinion.

Jim

Many uncirculated and Proof coins are also of different quality/grade on each side.