• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sealed Boxes - Please Explain

5 posts in this topic

I have been through this sealed outer box thing before, with the Platinum Sets, etc. However, will someone please take a moment and explain the reason why. What is NGC trying to prevent from happening. And yes, I am slow, so please spell it out for me. Thanks.

• Administrator

Thank you for the question.

Having the 25th Anniversary Set coins received in the sealed US Mint shipping box shows that the coins are the original ones received by the Mint. Since three of the coins can be purchased outside of the 25th Anniversary set (2011 MS, 2011-W MS, 2011-W PF), there is the potential that someone could swap coins from the set with MS or PF 70's that are not legitimate 25th Anniversary coins. This makes us certain that all of the coins came from the 25th Anniversary Set.

If the boxes were opened, we could only be certain that the 2011-S MS and the 2011-P Reverse PF are from the 25th Anniversary Set.

• Administrator

PorL,

Thank you for the question. Yes, we can return all of the original mint packaging if you write "Return Mint Packaging" on the submission form. There is a surcharge of $1 per set for this service. You can read more about the submission guidelines for the 25th Anniversary sets by clicking here.

Yes, you may submit the 25th Anniversary Set to NCS first and it will then go to NGC for grading.