• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SOLD

12 posts in this topic

SOLD

So, I listed an unopened box of 5 5pc 25th Anniversary ASE sets on eBay as a presale. I guess my mistake was in being honest, because eBay pulled it down in about 5 hours. They sent me a note and said that "because the sets were so popular" no one could do presales, they had to have the sets in hand and "post a unique photo of the product." (So, what, an unopened cardboard box?) What burns me is not that they pulled it down -- it's their site and they can make whatever rules they want -- but the fact that they are too CLUELESS to realize that every one of the hundreds of sets that have traded hands to date ARE ALSO PRESALES!

But this reminded me of why I developed my own website in the first place: There, I set the rules. So I have listed my two PRESALES there, two unopened boxes of 5 sets each, 5 coins/set, 25 coins/box, 2 lots total. So just click the link below, and poke around while you're at it. If you want to see the listings, just click either U.S. Mint Products or American Silver Eagles. Thanks for looking and for supporting your local dealers.

Unbelievable Support Your Local Dealers, how about You Support Your Local Collectors. You where removed from ebay so now you don't have to pay their fees but you still have ebay prices. You're one dealer I won't be using anytime soon.

You developed your own web site but you posted them on ebay, why? More suckers on ebay? Then you post them here to sell. :censored:

Unbelievable Support Your Local Dealers, how about You Support Your Local Collectors. You where removed from ebay so now you don't have to pay their fees but you still have ebay prices. You're one dealer I won't be using anytime soon.

You developed your own web site but you posted them on ebay, why? More suckers on ebay? Then you post them here to sell. :censored:

The Mint should have limited orders to one set per zip code. If sell-out wasn't achieved, then allow additional sales of one set per city, then one set per county, then state, then time zone, etc.

I don't like doing business with greedy people, either.

Chris

Greedy? Free market. Sounds like a bunch of sour grapes.

Not at all! I didn't order them because I don't collect the SAE's. The fact remains that if stricter limitations had been imposed, and people hadn't tried to beat the system finding ways to order more than allowed, the sets would have been available to more collectors. That would have meant that demand would not have been as great in the aftermarket and prices would not be so ridiculous. I've heard from many collectors who were not able to get even one set @ $300, and now they will have to pay $600? Give me a break!

Chris

Greedy? Free market. Sounds like a bunch of sour grapes.

Not at all! I didn't order them because I don't collect the SAE's. The fact remains that if stricter limitations had been imposed, and people hadn't tried to beat the system finding ways to order more than allowed, the sets would have been available to more collectors. That would have meant that demand would not have been as great in the aftermarket and prices would not be so ridiculous. I've heard from many collectors who were not able to get even one set @ $300, and now they will have to pay $600? Give me a break!

Chris

^^

eBay chose to remove all presales. The prices are set by the market, and BTW they are sold. Deal with it.

One thing is sure. I will never have any dealings with you, and that suits me just fine!

Chris

eBay chose to remove all presales. The prices are set by the market, and BTW they are sold. Deal with it.

One thing is sure. I will never have any dealings with you, and that suits me just fine!

Chris

+1

Chris

Ditto my friend!