• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cool new book!

3 posts in this topic

I just got an advance reader's copy of "Illegal Tender - The Mystery of the Lost 1933 Double Eagle" by David Tripp.

From a casual flip-through, the book appears to be the story of how the 1933 Saints got out of the Mint in the first place, the Secret Service's campaign to retreive the coins that did get out, the story of how the Farouk coin came to be impounded and auctioned in 2002 and a tantalizing discussion of whether any other '33s are in private hands. It looks to include a lot of coin dealer name dropping and gossip, too. (oh boy!)

According to the book jacket, David Tripp is a former Sotheby's employee, auction cataloger, numismatic consultant and a member of the team that got Sotheby's the 2002 auction.

The book cover says it will be published in September 2004 by Free Press, a division of Simon and Schuster.

I'll let you know how I like it.

I think I'll wait until the movie comes out! 27_laughing.gif

Seriously, there's nothing comparable to a good read!

But then again if you tell us how the book turns out, it'll ruin the movie! juggle.gif

Leo