• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ethics! posted by davidk

6 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Where did they go?

In this world today there seems to have been a loss of ethics and morals. I know I'll catch you know what for writing this but who cares! Everyone especially on this site and in coin collecting knows how many people wanted those 25th Anniversary sets. The Mint put a limit of (5) yes five, cinco on those sets. Now there are people like Gino bragging about getting 12 by usurping the system using multiple terminal and log ins. Then they go on Ebay and practically want you to hand over your arm and leg just to look at the picture none the less buy it. For all of those people who have done this I say bleep bleep. To every honest collector who tried whether successful or not, I say good day as it may just be my last in active collecting because of the unethical bloodsucking parasites.

See more journals by davidk

I know how you feel brother! As I stated in an earlier entry, I just want one set for my daughters birthyear and I still can't get through! Its now 9 p.m. I am at the shopping cart screen with order up saying its on backorder. When I hit continue checkout, the screen freezes! I'm getting so frustrated! Thanks for listening

nick

Some orders will be kicked back for over the limit. Others will be put on a waiting last. That happen to a friend when he order the Lincoln pennies only to see his order change from hold to cancelled. So check your orders tomorrow to see if it is on a hold or backorder. Those who order more then the house hold limit will be cancelled. Because the Mint checks address and CC address and cross reference the names and addresses. So he might think he is getting 12 but might only get 5 or none. When the Lincoln Chronicle set when on sale it was one per house hold. But because of the slowness of the Mint site people who put in their orders for more then one by accident got their order cancelled.

It is what it is baby.

There is a listing on ebay for 25 sets - the seller says he has e-mail confirmations for all of them - I hope the Mint checks up on him and cancels all of them!

I played by the rules, spent almost 3 hours getting through and managed to get a confirmed order for the five set limit. I would have had no problem with the Mint setting the limit at two or even one set; I'll abide by the rules they set. But I hate to see people get shut out while some scammers order way over the limit.