• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2011 silver eagle sets - Early releases or other special label?

9 posts in this topic

I'm torn on the 5 piece set. I have the proof 2011 already and the reverse proof sounds interesting but I wonder if it's worth grabbing right away. No way to know, of course, until you do it or not...

I wonder if NGC will do a special 'Black Label' for the 25 anniversary set??

Here's the submission guidelines for the 20th anniversary set:

www.ngccoin.com/news/viewarticle.aspx?IDArticle=405

Quoted from NGC Journals section.

Hi all,

Ed J summed up most of it, but to answer all of the questions so that there's no confusion.

We have one special label for this set. It has a 25 in the background and a blue bar at the bottom. You can view this label, and others, here.

Coins must be submitted in the sealed mint shipping box -- if the box is opened only the coins that are unique to the 25th Anniversary Set can get that label (Reverse PF and S-mintmarked coin). The coins should be submitted under the Modern Special tier and you should write on the submission form 25TH ANNIVERSARY SET.

We will be labeling all of the coins Early Releases if they are received by us within the first 30 days of issue. Make sure you write EARLY RELEASES on the submission form as well. You can view Early Release cut-off dates here.

We are looking into an option to have the mint packaging shipped back to you -- this will be an additional fee to cover postage and has yet to be determined.

An article/press release will be posted to the NGC homepage as soon as all of the details are worked out.

Max