• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Pics- Lincoln Cents 11S, 14D, 14S, 09S Pennies-

13 posts in this topic

New pics added below-

Original Post:

Lincoln Cents 11S, 14D, 14S, 09S Pennies-

Here's more of my lousy pics- scans through flips- Still working on the camera...

Whay say you friends? On the back of the 09 S there is a spot near center- I'd be interested as to views on this- there is a tiny spot in the center of the spot which is a little divet- what say you on this?

Thanks. The 09 S, 14 D and 11 S going to grade- unsure on 14 S

1911 S11S-1.jpg

1911 S11Srev-1.jpg

1914 D14D-1.jpg

1914 D 14Drev-1.jpg

1914 S14S-1.jpg

1914 S 14Srev-1.jpg

1909 S1909Sobv1-1.jpg

1909 S1909S-1.jpg

1911-S - AU53 - Price $98 (thumbs u

1914-D - FR2+ Details Corroded (Rev) - Price $25, $50 for problem-free

1914-S - F-12 Details - Green stuff on left rev. Price $7, $15 for problem-free

1909-S - AU58 RB WOWSER!!!!!!! :whee: Price $290

Great coins AGAIN!

Now, if only that were a VDB hm

NOOW "1914-S - F-12 Details - Green stuff on left rev. Price $7, $15 for problem-free"

Do you think it's green? Looks jet black to me- I will look again-

Don't heed any advice from noow. He know's NOT what he is talking about.

All 4 coins should signs of some sort of damage that would leave them in a body bag.

My opinions:

1) 1911-S - Environmentally Damaged

2) 1914-D - Looks like corrosion on reverse, could be just toning.

3) 1914-S - Verdigris front and reverse.

4) 1909-S - pitting on reverse.

Higher quality pictures would certainly help provide more accurate results.

NOOW "1914-S - F-12 Details - Green stuff on left rev. Price $7, $15 for problem-free"

Jersey, I know much more than you do. People with an attitude can't think straight. You may get burned on the boards a couple of times (haha), but that is no reason to go out and throw an insult.

Jersey, I know much more than you do. People with an attitude can't think straight. You may get burned on the boards a couple of times (haha), but that is no reason to go out and throw an insult.

BTW, the coin does kind of look green from the picks, but I guess it could look different in hand and on different computer calibrations.

I've forgotten more about coins then you'll ever know.

I've forgotten more about coins then you'll ever know.

And that leaves you with almost nothing. :)

Please litter another thread.

Hi- here are some new pics of 3 of the pennies above- my second experiment at new pictures- see what you think of the new camera, etc. Much better I guess but takes longer- Still I have much to learn with the camera- lights & glare etc.

1909 S

1909S.jpg

1909 S

1909SRev.jpg

1911 S

1911S.jpg

1911 S

1911SRev.jpg

1914D

1914D.jpg

1914D

1914DRev.jpg

1909-S - Something seems off about the coin but the new photo is so over exposed. I can see why Jersey thought there was pitting based on the original photo – I cannot see it on the new one. Au 55- 58 is the technical grade.

1911-S The discoloration on the reverse could be a host of things most likely some type of Environmental damage. Technical grade at least Au 55. Even in the new photo I can see discoloration on the reverse.

The 1914-D is obviously damaged and corroded.

The 1914-S has corrosion and some heavy Verdigris.

There is a mark on the 09S which is on reverse in darker spot at center which I think would be fair to call a "pit" but I don't know technifcal definition.

I think the color on the reverse of the 11-S is actually toning. I am still going to experiement with another photo.

Yes I can see the 14 S problems and I am not going to have it graded at least for now.

Thanks. SJ