• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pittsburgh ANA Winnings

25 posts in this topic

Did you win one?

Mark Feld said he liked this coin which was good enough for me. I did pay up a little bit for it but very happy to add it to my Type Set:

Heritage_1807BustHalf_Slab_Obv.jpgHeritage_1807BustHalf_Slab_Revg.jpg

Did you win one?

Mark Feld said he liked this coin which was good enough for me. I did pay up a little bit for it but very happy to add it to my Type Set:

Heritage_1807BustHalf_Slab_Obv.jpgHeritage_1807BustHalf_Slab_Revg.jpg

Nice Lee . Can't tell if thats the 112 or the 112a with the Cud . Any ideas ?

Snagged this one for my Birth Year Set: :)

Heritage_1957PR68Cam_Franklin_Slab_Obv_Combo.jpg

Adding this coin bumped me up to #5 for the year. Still missing the dime but all coins are currently Cameo designated.

Appreciate it! Don't have it in hand yet nor the variety book. I can post larger images if that helps?

Might be a little hard tio tell with the rim wear but on the 112a there should be a small cud that goes from the top of the U in United , down to the olive leaf .

112 is an R1 but the 112a is an R4

Appreciate it! Don't have it in hand yet nor the variety book. I can post larger images if that helps?

From CoinZip:

Note: The Overton fourth edition lists an O-112a with a cud at top of “U”. This cud has NOT been shown to exist.

so how do you discern the 112 to the 112a . If that was the only marker then does the coin become an R1 112 ?

Martin

The 112a does not exist. Even very late die state coins do not show a cud, as you can see on coinzip.

I placed a STRONG bid and still lost. :eek: The new owner has just paid a new record price for that date/mm/issue combo. So, I tried and I will not be buried, so that I can bid another day.

I did not get the blessings so I did not bid. Well, actually I did bid a 1893 MS66 Liberty Nickel that didn't beat the reserve :o

Great looking coins

Hey, does Pittsburg have this coin show annually?

Thanks

OP

Thanks, I've been looking to fill both spots for awhile and am glad I waited until both of these Busties became available.

I've been spending a good amount of time learning the nuances of this series---the more I learn the more interesting Bust Halves become. Just like Jason I like the look of the 1820. To me the toning strongly enhances the design elements.

I'll just have to wait to get the 1823 in hand to see how nice the coloring really is---I've been elated and disappointed with coins from Heritage in terms of their true toning.

Carl

I also picked up a 1884-S Morgan (AU53) to fill a spot. Whats wierd about this one is i paid for it 5 days ago and it still hasnt shipped. The last coin I got, from the same auction, shipped in 2 days.. That is the only issue I have with Heritage.. they drag their feet when shipping but will blow up your email with invoices.