• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Advice on an ebay coin sale

6 posts in this topic

I finally got someone to bid on my coins!! I think their price is acceptable. Does any body know if in the future I should do any thing different with the listing. Do I need to do promotion to get higher bid numbers??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/11-Silver-Kennedy-Half-Dollars-/200657268641?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D1%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D3147146210382947927

I don't know what you would do for a promotion, personnaly I like simple listings that are clear and straight forward. In the begining your biggest hurdle is going to be your low feedback rating will cause some people to stay away.

You will be fine, silver is silver and I would expect it will go for near melt. It has been shown if you schedule your auctions to end on weekend afternoons they get more visibility. Just some thoughts.

oh, and better pictures.

I sold a small hoard of silver for a friend at the beginning of 2011 and found that a scanner can sometimes do a better job than a camera.

timchu-15.jpg

If you want to eliminate the typical white background that a scanner gives you put a sheet of black paper on TOP of the coins.

Melt is only $61.47 based on the current spot rate as this is posted. Nine of the coins that you have posted are only 40% silver and the remaining two are 90% silver. Given the difficulties I have had in unloading 40% silver coins (no investors seem to want 40% silver), I think you have done quite well. These coins are only worth melt.

Here is a useful tool/calculator for calculating melt value that I have used in the past:

coininflation.com